Pod Question 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

who do u think u r fiftyone
calling him a d**k and such... look at ur sig, most of the little descriptions of your car wont make it a "giant killing rocket"... I must have missed the thread that proved the point that painted callipers and illuminated chrome handles gave your 30kw at the rear

dont go havin a go at people who ask simple questions a**hole, go fill in time somewhere else

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:08 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: R33

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

thanks guys, i thought it was a bit harsh, seems to happen alot on here when a newbie asks a question, they get called a d**k, a real incentive to keep coming on here and finding out more about modding my falcon.. i don't want a giant killing rocket, if i did, i wouldnt have bought a falcon. So go and drill more holes in ur airbox d***head. (fiftyone)

i did do a search as i always do to find my answers to my numerous questions, but i couldnt find the answer to this one. Seems like its the intake tubing from the tb to the airbox that reduces the noise and that fact that i have boxed it, but oh well still sounds better than stock. thanks for the answer guys.

R33 GTS-T - 222.6rwkw
EF - 142rwkw

Post subject: Re: Pod Question
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

Spoondog wrote:
hey guys, a couple of weeks i bought a pod and mounted it into my airbox in my EF, it didnt make that much diff in noise which i was looking for, so today i put it in my dads BA XT and it made a HUGE difference in induction noise. i was just wondering why it makes so much more noise in the BA and not in the EF. Is this common of EFs not to have much induction noise with pods, i think i heard this somewhere...

thanks in advance.

ive got a kn pod on my eb2, and i changed the air pipe to a custom one to suit an el box that i added aswell, i dont care what everyone else says because the pod gives it an awsome engine braking burble (i have a manual) and thats why i did it, but yes try it with an aftermarket intake and you should get a fair bit of induction, how ever my induction is still really quiet and u can only hear it with the bonnet up and the snorkel off

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:56 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

Quote:
Seems like its the intake tubing from the tb to the airbox that reduces the noise

exactly as i said :)

btw, im running a semi-boxed k+n pod, on stock ef piping, my old EL wagon had a pod and did sound louder, but to be honest i didnt like the sound is why ive stcked with the EF piping.

hope it helps,

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

A thing to remember with pod filters that use an oilly substance on the medium, can coat some of the sensors on the way in the inlet system, may play havock with taking the information from the sensors, like hotwire airflow meters and some style of MAF sensors, IAT sensors too.
Just something to remember when fitting them.
And you guys givin Newbies a bit of s**t, just look how old they are, still using a hot wet towel to wipe off the bum fluff, everybody has to learn something, sometime, eh?

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

NSW, Australia

exactly cjh... ppl need to quit giving newbies crap cause at one stage, they were noobs aswell, and as far as fiftyone goes, probly still is a noon, stuck in a wannabes body... so lay off em ay

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: 2003 BA XR6 TURBO!!!!!

VIC, Australia

cjh wrote:
And you guys givin Newbies a bit of s**t, just look how old they are, still using a hot wet towel to wipe off the bum fluff, everybody has to learn something, sometime, eh?

lol, what does age have to do with it?
my mates 16yo bro knows more about car wirering than just about anyone i know...

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

by newbie he means new to the forum

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: XH B&S ute, Navara 4x4

Power: 202 rwkw

SA, Australia

I agree that newbies need to be given a bit of a break (but ask too many silly questions and I won't be so nice). Fiftyone and I have had our, shall we say communication problems :lol: :lol: , but cut him some slack too. The guys that have been here a while and don't just post in crap have seen a few topics in various forums and sometimes it seems like the same old same old but agree we need to help people too.
Soooooooooo.....I have a cheapie pod on my XH. I reckon (no dyno reports, just seat of the a*** stuff) that it made a difference. I then put the XH airbox on my EBI and I reckon it made a difference on that too. I then tried the pod on the EBI and it went like a bucket of holden!. In all cases though the sound was awesome! So I don't know what to read into any of the above as the intake on my XH and my EB is the same (other than leave it how I have it). 8-)

You'll ride a black tornado across the western sky

You'll rope an ol' blue norther and milk it 'till it's dry

Bulldog the Diamantina pin its ears down flat

Long before you take this cowboy's hat

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:58 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
by newbie he means new to the forum

eerrr... straight after that he refers to age...and talks about bumfluf.
hahahah bumfluff is a hilarious word.

sorry....

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

xhute0 wrote:
I agree that newbies need to be given a bit of a break (but ask too many silly questions and I won't be so nice). Fiftyone and I have had our, shall we say communication problems :lol: :lol: , but cut him some slack too. The guys that have been here a while and don't just post in crap have seen a few topics in various forums and sometimes it seems like the same old same old but agree we need to help people too.

O no, Its just sooo hard to read thru the newbie drivel isnt it........ Jesus guys give em a break. As u just said ppl that have been here a while see the same stuff over again. But realise that all the ppl with 10ish posts dont come on here every day and see those posts, and the search feature on this site is fkn horrible. Just let em ask, click the x on the top of the screen if u dont wanna help em n let sum1 that isnt a C**k (looks @ down) help em out ;)

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:33 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

gryph wrote:
...and the search feature on this site is fkn horrible.

amen.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2