Fordmods Logo

Port & polish Head BF Falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Port & polish Head BF Falcon
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF XR6

SA, Australia

Well my head gasket seems to have gone again under warranty in my BF XR6. Looks like it wasn't put back together correctly after the first time a few months ago.

I was just wondering since it has to be pulled apart and sent away if it is worth having the head shaved, ported and polished? I don't know anyone who has done this or what results can be achieved. I don't even have any idea of what it would cost to do. Is it safe to do this to a b series? How much could be shaved off the head so that it still remains reliable?

Warranty would pick up the main work and i would just have to pay the difference for the extra.

I'm just thinking about it, because its a now or never thing really.

Cheers,
Brett.

BF XR6 - Silhouette, 6 Speed Manual, Leather Interior, Premium Sound, 18" BF XR Rims, Herrod Stainless Steel Exhaust & Headers, Typhoon CAI.

Post subject: Re: Port & polish Head BF Falcon
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

shave..
port the intake/exhaust inlets..

but wouldnt bother around the valve stems.. -twin cam means 4 valves per cylinder.. thats 24 valves and a s**t of time needed.. 4 valve heads flow pretty well allready...

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

how much warranty is left on it? If you modify the head with them knowing, they might void all future engine claims?

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:14 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF XR6

SA, Australia

I would have about 2 months left on it. I spoke to the guys at Ford about having the extra work done and obviously engine work would not be covered after, but its now or never since the head will be off.

They said that if i were keen to do it then i should speak to the company they outsource it to and get a seperate bill for the extra work beyond warranty.

I'm not too worried about the warranty after that anyway, with such little time left on the car i will be up for all the bills on it soon anyway. Plus after the head gasket has been fixed i am not too worried about the motor anyway since its not like a turbo car running at full boost.

BF XR6 - Silhouette, 6 Speed Manual, Leather Interior, Premium Sound, 18" BF XR Rims, Herrod Stainless Steel Exhaust & Headers, Typhoon CAI.

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

i would think the head would already flow well for what it is anyway so the money would be better off spent on a custom tune since you already have intake & exhaust mods done

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]