Porting Head this weekend 

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

Fitted the head back on today every thing seems good, will have to reset the computer tommorow and take her for a test run, not expecting to much to have changed dont think i'll see much difference until exhaust and cam go in.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Last edited by WagonDad on Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Porting Head this weekend
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

old thread :p

the difference between those 2 heads looks like one is a normal head and one is an XR6 - unless the valve guides are different for all heads netween EA-ED and EF-EL/AU

i chcked the ports in my stock EB ehad compared to the EF XR6 head i have and the valve guides are basically sticking out and not covered by alloy in the XR6 head, but they are just a lump of alloy in the stock EB head.

i dont think the thin metal valve guid would be much of an issue as long as the rest of the port is well shaped. but the heads with the lump for the valve guide obviously need a bit more work to free up that space.

good to see a few of you have had a crakc, but i woinder why this thread sort of faded away.

im going to have a crack at doing mine over the next week or 2, so will post the results :)

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Post subject: Re: Porting Head this weekend
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Station Wagon.

Power: 150 rwkw

WA, Australia

Hey misc_one, my head is a 95DA EL with just the valve guides poking through, I also have a 94AB EF head and it has the built up areas around the valve guide. Good luck with porting your head.

4.0L EF Fairmont Station Wagon. EL GT Snorkel. K&N Pod in air box. 3" Intake piping.
Home port job. 1636 Wade cam. Wildcat Extractors, 2 1/2" cat and exhaust.
2200/2400rpm Dominator More Stall. Stage two mechanical shift kit. 3.73 4 pinion LSD. 15.078 @ 92mph.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3