Fordmods Logo

power steering problems..help!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: power steering problems..help!!
Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ef fairmont

SA, Australia

hi everyone. just need help on what to do to fix my power steering.
wen i first got the car (ef) the pump was leaking so i kept topping it up for awile then left it leaking an ran dry, or little fluid for few weeks/months then topped it up again untill i bought a new pump the other week...i put the new pump in an also replaced the white seal aswell an then that was fine and felt alot better an was normal...then i noticed were my leak was coming from..the high pressure hose were it swivels inside the nut. so i rapped a heap of thread tape between it and that has slowed the leak down a fair bit.but all of a sudden the past few days the pump has been fine then it would be like steering it wen the cars off its that hard at times... the steering is fine driving along in a straight line and wen u wiggle it abit but most times u turn a corner it gets harder and harder and also wen ur stationary too.... now i have tryed bleeding the system on the ground and with the wheels raised....still didnt make a difference dose anyone have any ideas wats rong.. i might buy a new high pressure line off ebay so that should stop the leak....could it be a dodgy pump..or my steering rack..or anything else??? any help or suggestions would be appreciated cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]