Fordmods Logo

power steering pump 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: power steering pump
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

hey guys,

i got a bf falcon and the power steering pump is gone iv gone to three different places and there saying about $850+ for a new pump, high pressure hosing and drive belt plus labour. is that a good price or would it just be worth buying the parts myself and doing it?? just wanna know will it be to much of a pain in the a** doing it myself lol

cheers luca

Post subject: Re: power steering pump
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Budzy92 wrote:
hey guys,
i got a bf falcon and the power steering pump is gone iv gone to three different places and there saying about $850+ for a new pump, high pressure hosing and drive belt plus labour. is that a good price or would it just be worth buying the parts myself and doing it?? just wanna know will it be to much of a pain in the a** doing it myself lol
cheers luca

Matey, I am guessing the people you went to checked it all over and found that the actual PWR Strg hose has a leak and not the adaptor that it goes into in the pump?

Anyway, the prices for the parts I can help you with. The PWR strg pump is:
BA 3A674 A $313.40, pulley for pump BA 3D673 B $74.00, the PWR strg hose is 7R2J 3A212 EA $146.60, adaptor nut for the hose BA 3F656 B $12.80 and the drive belt is SX 8620 A $54.70. These are retail prices.

Before you go spending any money, check and make sure there is a leak from the rubber hose and NOT the adaptor where the PWR strg pressure hose goes into. Mostly leaks to do with PWR strg hoses are the leak where they puch into the adaptor and YES, they CAN be changed.

It isn't such a hard job to do just have good tools, a manual, some time and patience. :)

Post subject: Re: power steering pump
Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

ohhk well ill look into abit more so i dont go buying anything i dont need, and cheers for the prices :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]