Fordmods Logo

POWERCHIP vs UNICHIP vs TWEECER vs SAMBOYS 

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Sure there would be many things off, but it would be the same as if it were a factory blower setup. I mean, xr6t's and F6's have generic tunes, and yeah they will get good gains from a custom edit but they still do the job in stock form.

Im kind of agreeing and disagreeing with you at the same time :?

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
Sure there would be many things off, but it would be the same as if it were a factory blower setup. I mean, xr6t's and F6's have generic tunes, and yeah they will get good gains from a custom edit but they still do the job in stock form.

LOL :wink: , i have no hard feelings its a forum open for discussion we all have different ideas and opinions , when ever ur in melbourne let me know just come over .

im just speak from what i have encounted in my lifetime

gessssssssss would i love to see some software and hardware like what Ken Young has done with the Kalmaker for the delco ecu

U ssee a few guys using Kalmaker on ford , using all the commodore sensors and ECU not a bad setup in all but when u do ur sums in cost factor , its no different than buying a aftermarket ECU and use all ur factory sensors and probably cheaper the after market setup.

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
U ssee a few guys using Kalmaker on ford , using all the commodore sensors and ECU not a bad setup in all but when u do ur sums in cost factor , its no different than buying a aftermarket ECU and use all ur factory sensors and probably cheaper the after market setup.

cheers

The other cool thing you can do is get an V8 mustang ECU (A9L) and tweecer and tune it to run an I6 of a MAF. Get to keep all the ford sensors as well.

Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
stockstandard wrote:

LOL :wink: , i have no hard feelings its a forum open for discussion we all have different ideas and opinions , when ever ur in melbourne let me know just come over .

Ditto mate - i certainly dont mind being poked and prodded and have no hard feelings whatsoever... You make a good point - and i guess i agree with what stockstandard has said.... the tune "does the job"....

Unfortunately i dont have the data which you asked about (i.e. the steady state test)... i assume the KW runs that we do are the "ramp up" style ones??? The only graph i have loaded up has kw/boost graphed on it (user gallery)... i have an a/f run lying around somewhere... pretty rich across the board, but i think that's done on purpose to minimise the chances of detonation...

Lol, with 98 RON fuel @ $1.35+ it doesnt see much WOT these days anyway :)

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
What I think would be a much better product would be if somebody took a board like the MS2 and fitted it into an EEC case with the standard ford connectors and worked out some base tunes - plug and play programmable ECU without the headaches.

Currently been worked on I believe.

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

hornet wrote:
stockstandard wrote:
What I think would be a much better product would be if somebody took a board like the MS2 and fitted it into an EEC case with the standard ford connectors and worked out some base tunes - plug and play programmable ECU without the headaches.

Currently been worked on I believe.

yeah ive seen a few now. From boxes like this that just change the plugs

to scotts adaptor board with impressive feature list -
Quote:
Improved reliability - No Splicing or hacking your stock Harness.

Plug and play operation - Switch between Megasquirt and your stock EEC in minutes. Bolt-in operation.

Easy to assemble - Well marked component locations with large solder pads are easy to connect for your configuration.

Added circuitry - The board has added circuits so you don't have to buy another daughterboard. Circuits use input and output jumpers and are easy to wire into your configuration.

Neater installation - When your Adaptor is installed, and your Megasquirt mounted, there will be no stray wiring, no flimsy homebuilt harnesses.

* Uses your standard Ford Harness and connectors.
* TFI and EDIS pull-up resistor on board.
* PWM Idle driver on board.
* Drivers for Fan and Nitrous relays.
* Input for Nitrous feedback.
* Input for Second EGO.
* Optional 25pin connector for use with E4OD Transmission control.
* The Board comes in two versions a Manual Transmission version and an Automatic transmission pass-through Version.
* The Pass through connector of the Automatic version can be used optionally to run EEC or Megasquirt signals out.
* The manual transmission version adds more breakout pads, and added knock circuit.

http://megascott.homeip.net/EEC-IV%20Adaptor/index.htm

Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:49 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

I am so buying one of those ^^^

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Post subject: MEGASQUIRT
Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA Turbo

QLD, Australia

OK WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH IT.
DOES IT HOOK INTO YOUR LAPTOP FOR TUNING,
HOW MUCH ARE THEY,
CAN YOU GET THEM ALREADY PUT TOGETHER OR ARE THEY JUST A DO IT YOURSELF JOB.
DO YOU USE YOUR ECU AND THIS IS SOME SORT OF PIGGYBACK SETUP.
MORE INFO

GTP WHAT ARE THE COST OF THESE WOLF ECU'S , DO YOU HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING ELSE TO HOOK THEM UP.

PM ABOUT THE PRICE IF YOU NEED TO.

I WONT TO BE ABLE TO TUNE MY OWN CAR EF XR6 MANUAL WHEN I MAKE CHANGES, LIKE THE GOOD OLD HOLLEY EQUIPED CLEVO'S AND WINSORS IVE OWNED AND TUNED.

Post subject: Re: MEGASQUIRT
Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

pkr wrote:
HOW MUCH ARE THEY,
MORE INFO

GTP WHAT ARE THE COST OF THESE WOLF ECU'S , DO YOU HAVE TO BUY ANYTHING ELSE TO HOOK THEM UP.

I WONT TO BE ABLE TO TUNE MY OWN CAR EF XR6 MANUAL WHEN I MAKE CHANGES, LIKE THE GOOD OLD HOLLEY EQUIPED CLEVO'S AND WINSORS IVE OWNED AND TUNED.

hi

the wolf is fully tuneable via a handcontroller that comes with some of the kits

and

via a laptop if u have a old laptop which is at least running windows 98 is sufficent to use on the wolf ( old laptops can be picked up for $100 to $400 theses days )

the prices for the wolf kits are listed in this link just follow the thread and it lists all the things u will need to run the EFI engine

wolf engine managment systems are easy to tune

link is : http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... 818#338818
cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

pkr wrote:
DOES IT HOOK INTO YOUR LAPTOP FOR TUNING

It is a stand alone ECU to run you engine - can be tuned from laptop or megaview (kind of super-trip computer that plugs into it)

pkr wrote:

Yep - either

$340 for kit, $515 for pre-made. Thats for the unit only, and the bits to make a loom. If you want a pre-made loom, add $90. Those adapters in the posts above will be great but I doubt they are plug and play for our falcons yet.

pkr wrote:
MORE INFO

You can run part of the engine and leave the EEC in control of the rest (eg fuel only) or replace the ECU. Ive have the MS2 running fuel, spark and idle control, and the EEC running the thermo fans, BBM and fuel pump.

pkr wrote:

Thats exactly what it does. If you want to learn a lot about ecu's (or want to save money) the MS2 might be for you. Buying it as a kit is a hell of a lot more work than a Wolf (or other commercial ECU's).

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: XR6

VIC, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
pkr wrote:
HOW MUCH ARE THEY,
MORE INFO

hi

the wolf is fully tuneable via a handcontroller that comes with some of the kits

and

via a laptop if u have a old laptop which is at least running windows 98 is sufficent to use on the wolf ( old laptops can be picked up for $100 to $400 theses days )

the prices for the wolf kits are listed in this link just follow the thread and it lists all the things u will need to run the EFI engine

cheers

is it hard to install a wolf computer into a ef i have half an idea on the s**t but, do you actually get rid of the eecv altogether?

BA XR8 BOSS 260
Winter White
18' gt-p wheels
Flash Tuned
2 jl 13.5' w3's
tv indash

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

sickd wrote:
FPV_GTp wrote:
pkr wrote:
HOW MUCH ARE THEY,
MORE INFO

hi

and

cheers

is it hard to install a wolf computer into a ef i have half an idea on the s**t but, do you actually get rid of the eecv altogether?

u get all manuals and instructions with the full kit , its easy to install and can asist u with techinical back up if needed

tuning is very simple and easy will be having tuning classes at work once a group of people that are interested in learning more

the EF requires the EEC5 still to be in the car to run dash features ,transmission if its a automatic and smartlock there is no system of ECU's out there that will run all the EF or EL and falcon cars on stand anlome the EEC5 is still required to work side by side with what ever ECU u choose to uses

the wolf will be controlling fuel , ignition timing ideal control , fans , fuel pump(s) and again it depends if ur turboing ur car i suggest geting the 3D wolf version4plus has more feautures boost control , nos control , turbo timer , wideband air/fuel ratio for tuning purposes and so on

all the prices are listed in this post see how u go

if need some more asisstances can help

cheers

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3