put the ss induction in... 

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:00 pm 
Commercial Sponsor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

Tomek wrote:
Question: Why is it AU III and not like a BA intake snorkel that ppl use? Or are they basically the same thing?

The xr6 turbo snorkel and the au3 xr8 snorkel are the same thing, except for the tickford wings on the au one.

2003 BA XR6 - Intercooled Vortech Supercharger 243rwkw @ 8psi - 13.09 @ 109.6mph

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:01 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XTS, BF Xr6 Turbo Ute

QLD, Australia

NABAXT wrote:
heh insurance? well outta curiositiy i just wrang them up and they said that it is no extra charge on my insurance....wots the go? i was VERY surprised, anyhoo, i will qring 'em again, just incase :)
and i was thinking about getting the vortech BA 4.0L supercharger kit, non intercooled atm, that produces 305kw@flywheel, the intercooled one for another $3000 produces 345kw@flywheel, its about $5,500 to buy, prob another $1000 to install, and i would definately need to get myself a limo and most possibly strengthen my tranny, auto, although i have heard its best to have an auto with superchargers....bcuz auto's are stronger than manny...i dunno, its just the 'curiosity' stage atm, but then again...i was curious with the induction and the wheels :P

My mate is a mechanic for ford here in brisbane, and he said to me the vortech superchargers are gun. He reckons that it what i should do if i am looking for power gains wiht my xt. The temptation is there i must admit. He told me that your warranty will only be void with items that are defected by the supercharger. Other than that maybe a chip and work on the headers, cams, injector and s**t like that. I really want to have a street sleeping xt, we will see how things go.

Ford Fan: Since 1987 - Born a Blue Oval Supporter!

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:40 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

NSW, Australia

heh yeh well my warranty runs out in october, so i will definately wait until then...

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:39 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

get a set of pacemaker extractors, you won't believe the difference...........

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:01 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EF Futura

QLD, Australia

alright...i have trimmed the lip down on the au3 xr8 snorkel and im stuck now...i dont have a 3mm drill bit...will have 2 get one 2moro...the snorkel is just sitting in there for the moment, i cant get it back out...but the holes are makred out n stuff...
here is the question...
in the guide on installing this snorkel it says remove the 2 retaining screws and use them to fit the new snorkel...are the retaining screws the little plastic plugs? when i take them out the hole is square and as far as i can tell a square plus dont go in a round hole.
also when i went to look to remove the old snorkel, it doesnt have one...should it? its a 96 EF II futura...if thats any help.
i think i will try again to remove the snorkel once its light as my torch doesnt work to well.

au3xr8 snorkel
pioneer head unit
4 way pioneer 6x9's
tinting

soon to come...
superlows with new shox
full exhaust system with pacies
wheels (YAY! finally get rid of the hub caps)

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EF Futura

QLD, Australia

now that i look at the pics on doing this install again i have loaded up a pic that didnt load for me before...the screws i can see now...my car doesnt have them...hmmm....i will either buy some from ford or bunnings or something or have a look for what i have.

au3xr8 snorkel
pioneer head unit
4 way pioneer 6x9's
tinting

soon to come...
superlows with new shox
full exhaust system with pacies
wheels (YAY! finally get rid of the hub caps)

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3