Fordmods Logo

Quality vs Cost 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:22 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

This question doesnt need to be asked... go with the paccies and you will never go wrong!

Fulli Sik Re

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've got Pacies on my car and I've never seen a set of Wildcats. But, to say that extractors are extractors or that all you pay for is marketing when you go expensive brands is an excuse people often use to justify being cheap skates. I buy cheaper products all the time, but I don't justify it by saying "It's the same as the other brand anyway", I justify it by saying "I didn't want to fork out the extra money" or "I couldn't afford to fork out the extra money"

There could be big differences between the two, not only in performance, but in quality and workmanship.

Steel quality, steel thickness, weld quality, bend quality, how accurately they fit up, finish quality etc etc etc. All of them affect price.

Pacies also have their patented joining process designed to improve flow and decrease turbulence. Patents cost monet as does the R&D put into the product to get something patentable in the first place.

When you boil it all down, people that think extractors are extractors are most likely people that think a brake pad is a brake pad, a tyre is a tyre and an oil is an oil.

And after it's all said and done, a set of extractors isn't like a set of tyres and in constant need of replacing. If you buy one set of extractors, it should be the last set of extractors you buy for your car.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:55 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: buick

VIC, Australia

unclewoja wrote:
I've got Pacies on my car and I've never seen a set of Wildcats. But, to say that extractors are extractors or that all you pay for is marketing when you go expensive brands is an excuse people often use to justify being cheap skates. I buy cheaper products all the time, but I don't justify it by saying "It's the same as the other brand anyway", I justify it by saying "I didn't want to fork out the extra money" or "I couldn't afford to fork out the extra money"

There could be big differences between the two, not only in performance, but in quality and workmanship.

Steel quality, steel thickness, weld quality, bend quality, how accurately they fit up, finish quality etc etc etc. All of them affect price.

Pacies also have their patented joining process designed to improve flow and decrease turbulence. Patents cost monet as does the R&D put into the product to get something patentable in the first place.

When you boil it all down, people that think extractors are extractors are most likely people that think a brake pad is a brake pad, a tyre is a tyre and an oil is an oil.

And after it's all said and done, a set of extractors isn't like a set of tyres and in constant need of replacing. If you buy one set of extractors, it should be the last set of extractors you buy for your car.

In quality wise yes.

But on a stock mtr with the same sports system the perfomance difference would be small for the extra money spent & thats what eed-250 was probely meaning.

I went for pacemakers myself only because they look neater in their welds & finish.

Not like brakes, tyres & oil were a big difference can be had with stopping or handling & longivity with better oils

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:26 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ef 5speed I6

WA, Australia

ive had pacemakers on a previous car and lukey's on my current car, both had exact same mods, and have found lukey's to give a better note and performance. i reckon pacemakers get talked up a little bit more then what they should. but then again everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Yeah that's what I'm saying.. the price difference doesnt justify the increase in quality. I'd get paccies if I was building a performance car.. not just a very mildly worked everyday driver. The wildcats on my old car looked very neat and improved performance plenty.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

I use to have pacies 4480s but find them gutless when carrying heavy loads on the workhorse. thats why I went the wildcat 21x way. quility wise, the same. torque wise, not the same. :lol:

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: GTHO PH 1 EF ex chaser

QLD, Australia

Had Genie's on the HO and always found them A1 been around a long time and a very good product \. Got Pacies on the EF and find them good also if a little expensive :roll:

Rotten Old Revhead!!! XW GTHO + EF ex cop car (exractors 2.5 cat back zorst !6" Simmons K&N +airbox mods Lowered with Bilstein shocks+Whiteline Bars NEXT THING Swap HO for GTP or Ferrari!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2