Fordmods Logo

Question about the throttle body on an ED falcon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Question about the throttle body on an ED falcon
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:12 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

I recently drove my bomby ED falcon through a flood, killing the distributor and coil.

I put a new distributor and coil in, and the car starts again, but now I can't remember what connects to that little spout on the side of the throttle body - all the hoses/leads are already accounted for. Could someone please tell me where it goes? Right now I've put a clamped piece of hose over it to stop it from sucking in unfiltered air.

I can't find a loose lead for it anywhere which leads me to believe that it probably never had anything on it, and I didn't notice when taking it apart. this wouldn't suprise me - my car is an ex taxi with over 600,000 k's. I'm happy to have brought it back from the dead with my limited car knowledge (though owning a bomb has taught me a lot so far), but I really don't know how much longer she will last. Help me keep this piece of s**t alive!

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

It connects to one of the oil breathers from the rocker cover, the front one I think.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

The big bit comming off the side of the throttle bosy connect to the back of the rocker box with a large rubber hose. The front one is the pcv and connect to the side of the manifold.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EB2

VIC, Australia

what bogan said

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:01 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Thanks all around. It seems like the front one is connected to the rear one, and a piece of hose has gone missing. Not sure how that happened, it's probably been like that for quite some time. Where does the rear breather go?

Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

mac wrote:
Thanks all around. It seems like the front one is connected to the rear one, and a piece of hose has gone missing. Not sure how that happened, it's probably been like that for quite some time. Where does the rear breather go?

Front one connected to the rear one, wtf? u mean the frot rocker hose is connected to the back of the rocker box? unless your running some set up i dont know about then thats wrong, the rear breather goes to the throttle body vie a long piece of rubber hose and the front one, ie the positive crankcase ventilation valve or pcv valve connects to the side of the intake manifold. Hope everything works out fine.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Thanks Bogan, I get it now.

And yeah, it sounds stupid doesn't it? It's either been hooked up that way accidently, or the hose attached to the rear breather is just hanging somewhere. Neither would suprise me. I'll have a look tomorrow.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]