Fordmods Logo

Re-call Re-Spray now air bag light stays on 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Re-call Re-Spray now air bag light stays on
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF Falcon SR

SA, Australia

Hello guys, I have a Shock Wave Blue BF SR Falcon, and just yesterday I got it back from getting the re-spray for the factory fault in the paint. But now the airbag light is staying on, drivers seat air bag. Could this be from something the painters have done? They disconnected the batterie. What are my options? They (ford) said they re-set it but it stayed on (I have my suspicion they didn't)
Thanks in advance
Sam

Post subject: Re: Re-call Re-Spray now air bag light stays on
Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

if its the air bag in the seat itself, remove all the plastic trim pieces from around the base on the door side. there should be a bunch of plugs going into some sockets, clipped onto a white adaptor. easier to get at if you undo the 4 seat bolts with a torx bit. check for a yellow plug, on airbag seats i believe it has wires for the airbag itself, on non airbag cars it has a small wire loop to close the circuit. make sure that is plugged in properly. i had to find one with a loop to stop the airbag light on a ba mark 2 that was stock without airbag seats, that i put a fairmont ghia set of seats into that had airbags. otherwise, when you start your car, count the number of flashes the light does (3 flashes pause 2 flashes would be 32 for example) someone here may then be able to provide an idea on the fault code

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]