rebuild time 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: rebuild time
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:02 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 1995 Ford XG Ute

VIC, Australia

hi all just starting towards a rebuild and interested in experiences with rebuilders in melbournes west good and bad, recomendations to get done while its out and so on
cheers

95' XG
93' EB
custom buggy with 900cc yamaha engine

Post subject: Re: rebuild time
Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: AU2 XR8 ute & 91 EA bitsa

VIC, Australia

I had my EF 4.0L bottom end rebuilt with and ACL Race pistons & bearings by Hoppers Express.

The guy who assembled it has been building drag racing engines for about 25 years. It cost about $2500 and had a 3 month warranty on it. You might save $500 if you assemble it yourself. They were happy to go over all the pros & cons of different modifications prior to beginning work.

Most people get the bottom end balanced. With the oil pump, they fitted a Clevland V8 spring to increase the oil pressure a bit. As it's a street engine, I wasn't interested in high volume or high pressure oil pumps. In the cost, they also balanced and refaced the flywheel.

They also recoed the head, did a port & polish, shaved 25thou off & fitted bigger exhaust valves. I've had no problems with their workmanship.

AU2 XR8 with Raptor VL, ported Yella Terra GT40P heads, Scorpion 1.6 RRs, XE264HR-14 Comp Cam, ceramic coated Hurricane Headers, 60lb injectors, Walbro 255, 200cfi cats, 3" exhaust & Snow Performance water methanol injection

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]