Fordmods Logo

Red valve springs in ef xr6 head? 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
 Post subject: Re: Red valve springs in ef xr6 head?
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:18 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

valve springs could have been replaced??
i have seen springs where 99% of the red had come off, i guess heat and oil will remove paint after time..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Red valve springs in ef xr6 head?
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 633

Joined: 21st Nov 2008

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

when they are recoed they get dipped and the red will be no longer, happened to my last ed xr head
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Red valve springs in ef xr6 head?
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:42 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

My spare EL XR6 motor had red valve springs. Got the head straightened, cleaned and pressure tested and the red was gone by the time it was sent back to me.

As far as I'm concerned, all Tickford motors have red valve springs.

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Red valve springs in ef xr6 head?
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 686

Joined: 26th Jul 2009

Ride: EF daily, xc project

Location: Park Central
NSW, Australia

phongus wrote:
My spare EL XR6 motor had red valve springs. Got the head straightened, cleaned and pressure tested and the red was gone by the time it was sent back to me.

As far as I'm concerned, all Tickford motors have red valve springs.


+1

 

_________________

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Red valve springs in ef xr6 head?
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

fal98con wrote:
I am still under the impression it has had a rebuild/ freshen up, after removing the head I noticed slight bore marks in the cylinders of the block which looked I doubt would be there unless it has had a freshen up.

Cheers



doesn't mean anything. I've pulled engines down that have been well looked after and at over
300 000km they still have hone marks on the bores.
Yet have aslo pulled down engines with poor servicing that have worn all the honing away and have less then 150 000km on them.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Red valve springs in ef xr6 head?
Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:24 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:

doesn't mean anything. I've pulled engines down that have been well looked after and at over
300 000km they still have hone marks on the bores.
Yet have aslo pulled down engines with poor servicing that have worn all the honing away and have less then 150 000km on them.


Yep, seen the same thing my self....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Red valve springs in ef xr6 head?
Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 694

Joined: 6th Apr 2007

Ride: 98 NL, 97NL, 98EL

Power: 141 rwkw

Location: Sunny Coast or Beerburrum
QLD, Australia

bradley4567 wrote:
Sommers NL wrote:
EF xr6 was the only model with red valve springs, the EL xr6 didn't ..

laticia.


infact the el xr6 does have red valve springs


ahhh ta for that, i've seen two EL XR6's and they both had normal looking valve springs, maybe the heads had been rebuilt and had new springs put in ...

laticia.

 

_________________

BANNED!!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Red valve springs in ef xr6 head?
Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 686

Joined: 26th Jul 2009

Ride: EF daily, xc project

Location: Park Central
NSW, Australia

Sommers NL wrote:
bradley4567 wrote:
Sommers NL wrote:
EF xr6 was the only model with red valve springs, the EL xr6 didn't ..

laticia.


infact the el xr6 does have red valve springs


ahhh ta for that, i've seen two EL XR6's and they both had normal looking valve springs, maybe the heads had been rebuilt and had new springs put in ...

laticia.


maybe the paint just wore off

 

_________________

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:38 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names