Fordmods Logo

Redback 2.5" Cat Back Systems Leaky ? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont

SA, Australia

mines 4months old and has cracked like mentioned here. Cant find the reciept either ;(

Soo many idiots. So few bullets

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Walkinshaw wrote:
mines 4months old and has cracked like mentioned here. Cant find the reciept either ;(

Wow, within that time is crazy; did they do a dodgy job or have been bottoming out a bit?
Had a loot at mine when i checked under the car last week actually, looks like new aart from 2 scratches on the center muffler; no extra brackets altho no cracks or sign r stress either.

Pitty you have lost the reciept, maybe you can go there n hope they will remember you and do the warranty work in good faith/heart - wouldnt hurt.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

hmm im still looking for my receipt too.... getting a bit worried now!!

also noticed that my middle muffler also has a decent scratch on it, although not large enough to cause a crack. but if hyena said he had trouble coz of a scratch, and ive got a scratch and possibly no receipt :(

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

No offence guys but for 300 bucks... you pay for what you get. I spose they have just started using thiner walled pipe over the last few years or something

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:45 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

CHEF wrote:
No offence guys but for 300 bucks... you pay for what you get. I spose they have just started using thiner walled pipe over the last few years or something

Yeah I'm pretty sure we all know that...it's more-so the fact that redback are probably the most common / popular branded cat back exhausts around...so they SHOULD be of decent built quality...what are you running on your EA CHEF ? I presume 2.5" or even 3" given you have what appears to be a 3" dump pipe from the turbo zorst housing ?

I'm all for getting a quality system - within reason, money is not a main criteria point - I'd rather pay more and get something that won't fall to bits ! I know Aaron got his 3" system done by NISPRO which cost him ~$600 according to him...I'd be keen going down that path or something similar if there's nothing else worth looking at.

Cheers,
Steve

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Power: 315 rwkw

NSW, Australia

$600 is a good price, Ive got quotes for around a grand for a 3in system.

Mine is 3 in off the turbo and to a 3in cat, then into the existing Lukey 2.5in system. Im tossing up whether I can be bother making my own stainless steel 3in system or paying fo it... Im a bit over cutting and welding for awhile

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA MkII XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

well finally had a bit of luck with this today..

ive been madly ripping the house apart looking for a receipt from when i got my exhaust.. i am pedantic at keeping receipts, ive even got the one from buying two scrivets from ford spare parts, but somehow ive lost my exhaust one, the only one i needed!!

so went back to the exhaust place today to see what my options were, and it wasnt looking good, until he said 'see if its got a date stamped on the muffler'. so we chucked it on the hoist and fair enough its got 07 03 stamped on it, July 03, so that proves its still under warranty, and the whole lot will be replaced, free of charge!!
:D :D

We'll keep our cow s**t in the country, you keep your bull s**t in the city.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:36 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA XR6 Falcon

VIC, Australia

Some people go lukey some go redback .

I have lukey which I didnt want in the first place, but now I have it i couldnt be happier, its loud and it sounds Brutell getting up in the rev limiter.

I went with no reasonater and no rear muffler, just the centre turbo muffler and it sounds tough. I have had no problems so far.

If getting a Lukey and getting the 2.5 sports system you are getting press bends, but to be honest in a road car this makes stuff all IMHO.

Redback I have been told by many zorst places are genuine mandrel bends, for each i got quoted $300 fitted from the cat back, but that ranged from $410 to $300 in melbourne.

Jesus Drove Fords

Proud Owner of a XR6 MkII

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2