Fordmods Logo

rockers 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: rockers
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:48 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 63

Posts: 1

Joined: 15th Oct 2007

Location: ipswich
QLD, Australia

hi i bought a ef 96 model xr6 tickford motor in it the guy who had it has stuffed the first 2 rockers i have rang all around australia trying to buy new one but no luck has anybody got a good secondhand one for sale
thank you
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 410

Joined: 27th Jul 2005

Ride: Mazda CX-5 & 96 EL Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

best bet would be a wreckers i'd say, somewhere that lets u pull the stuff from the cars themselves might be a good place to look too, cheaper as well lol. Someone here might have some laying around

 

_________________

My EL Gli.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Ford spare parts sell them. Get a whole set from wrecker for not much.

When you say stuffed, what is stuffed about them? There is not a lot that can really go wrong with them.

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
Ford spare parts sell them. Get a whole set from wrecker for not much.

When you say stuffed, what is stuffed about them? There is not a lot that can really go wrong with them.


Probably had bits and pieces break, like mine did :?.

Sorry to hijack...is it safe enough to buy just second hand ones from say Pick-A-Part? or just get all new ones? I am in need of new rockers for my other motor.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 410

Joined: 27th Jul 2005

Ride: Mazda CX-5 & 96 EL Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

phongus wrote:

Sorry to hijack...is it safe enough to buy just second hand ones from say Pick-A-Part? or just get all new ones? I am in need of new rockers for my other motor.

phong =P~


well there is buyer beware, generally if u inspect them and look in good condition i'd say theres a good chance they're alright. if your planning on lots of engine mods or driving hard i'd go for new ones personally. if just cruising around second hand ones would be alright i'd say, thats my 2 cents

 

_________________

My EL Gli.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

basstrom_dave wrote:
phongus wrote:

Sorry to hijack...is it safe enough to buy just second hand ones from say Pick-A-Part? or just get all new ones? I am in need of new rockers for my other motor.

phong =P~


well there is buyer beware, generally if u inspect them and look in good condition i'd say theres a good chance they're alright. if your planning on lots of engine mods or driving hard i'd go for new ones personally. if just cruising around second hand ones would be alright i'd say, thats my 2 cents


Cool...new ones it is LOL.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:59 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 99

Joined: 27th Jun 2006

Ride: ED Falcon

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Ford charged me around $85.00 for a new Rocker Arm.. included Shim and HLA..

HLA on it's own they charged $45 for :shock:
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:03 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names