Fordmods Logo

Rough idle probs???? 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: Rough idle probs????
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:24 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 362

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: au2

Location: Redbank Plains
QLD, Australia

Hi

Wondering if you guys could help.

I had my car major serviced about 1mth ago in which i had the injectors cleaned and throttle body cleaned. I have noticed that my idling is getting rougher and rougher. i did have a slight rough idle before the service but I thought that would fix the prob :roll: . When i went to start my car today(which the engine was at operating temp) it kicked over then started to idle then died :x . it did it three times until i gave it a boot full and it spluttered a bit then was fine. :cry:

Can anyone help. i think there is a problem but don't know what????

:?: :?: :?:

Cheers

 

_________________

"Press 'any key', where the hell is the any key!!!!!!!!!!!"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 4102

Joined: 18th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

I had a similar problem 2 years ago. Try this

Remove and check the resistance on each lead they should be less than 20,000 Ohms.

With engine running spray some aerostart or similar, around manifold gasket, throttle body gasket, if idle increases than a leak is indicated.

Check ISC gasket for leaks, check if it was actually cleaned

Check all vacuum hoses for leaks

Have car tested with Exhaust gas anayliser. Checking O2 sensor

Finally after all this my fix was to run the car on premium fuel for about 3 months!

Do each item above at differant times so you can find out the true cause.

 

_________________

Image
She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:45 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 362

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: au2

Location: Redbank Plains
QLD, Australia

Will do. thanks. Well i don't have a mulimeter so i can't check the resistance but will try to get one. where is the isc gasket? :oops:

 

_________________

"Press 'any key', where the hell is the any key!!!!!!!!!!!"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 13

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

bump

 

_________________

circle work is good but sideways is fun

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 7287

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

Location: Somewhere in
QLD, Australia

Fluffy Bunny With Rabies wrote:
bump

wtf?

 

_________________

Banned

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 4102

Joined: 18th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

Screamer wrote:
Will do. thanks. Well i don't have a mulimeter so i can't check the resistance but will try to get one. where is the isc gasket? :oops:


ISC gasket is between the throttle body and Idle Speed Control.

 

_________________

Image
She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 1826

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

Location: Bayside, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

*HINT* Try switching to a decent bloody fuel and fill your Falcon up on BP ULTIMATE as I switched to it about 6 weeks ago and I tell ya I havent had s**t Hesitant Idle problems since.

 

_________________

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 655

Joined: 9th Jan 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Build# 499 BF F6 TYPHOON DEJA VU

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

bp ultimate is crap

 

_________________

232.5 RW KILLER WASPS

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 655

Joined: 9th Jan 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Build# 499 BF F6 TYPHOON DEJA VU

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

the missus had the same prob with her EA mpfi, after they cleaned her throttle body, she didn't care cause she was selling it

 

_________________

232.5 RW KILLER WASPS

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:21 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 1826

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

Location: Bayside, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

memnoch wrote:
bp ultimate is crap


Yeah s**t! I tell ya from my own experience it definately made a 100% difference in my Falcon. I was using Shell Opticrap for the past 2 years with constant issues with Idle hestiation and not to mention all the Mechanics trying to tell me they couldn't fix it etc etc. So I decided to just live with.
But then 6 weeks ago I started using BP Ultimate after everyone else on here were raving on about it and 2 weeks later I stopped having problems with my Idle always hesitating. So go figure Numbnuts :evil:

 

_________________

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:05 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 44

Posts: 26

Joined: 21st Feb 2005

Ride: AU Fairmont S

Location: Werribee
VIC, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
memnoch wrote:
bp ultimate is crap


Yeah s**t! I tell ya from my own experience it definately made a 100% difference in my Falcon. I was using Shell Opticrap for the past 2 years with constant issues with Idle hestiation and not to mention all the Mechanics trying to tell me they couldn't fix it etc etc. So I decided to just live with.
But then 6 weeks ago I started using BP Ultimate after everyone else on here were raving on about it and 2 weeks later I stopped having problems with my Idle always hesitating. So go figure Numbnuts :evil:


If it works in your car then cool - that doesn't mean it's gonna work for everyone else's car. BP Ultimate is CRAP in my car and I get SFA k's out of a full tank. I gave it a fair go then switched to Mobil8000 coz everyone said "it's the best" too - I've just gone back to Optimax and mine runs the best on that. Yet you say Optimax is s**t in your car? I'm not trying to be rude. Just trying to make the point that what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 47

Posts: 1826

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

Location: Bayside, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Kristeena wrote:
1 SLY 97EL wrote:
memnoch wrote:
bp ultimate is crap


Yeah s**t! I tell ya from my own experience it definately made a 100% difference in my Falcon. I was using Shell Opticrap for the past 2 years with constant issues with Idle hestiation and not to mention all the Mechanics trying to tell me they couldn't fix it etc etc. So I decided to just live with.
But then 6 weeks ago I started using BP Ultimate after everyone else on here were raving on about it and 2 weeks later I stopped having problems with my Idle always hesitating. So go figure Numbnuts :evil:


If it works in your car then cool - that doesn't mean it's gonna work for everyone else's car. BP Ultimate is CRAP in my car and I get SFA k's out of a full tank. I gave it a fair go then switched to Mobil8000 coz everyone said "it's the best" too - I've just gone back to Optimax and mine runs the best on that. Yet you say Optimax is s**t in your car? I'm not trying to be rude. Just trying to make the point that what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another.


Fair enough. Point taken. But I only switched to BP Ultimate cause a lot of other people were raving about it on another thread.
http://www.fordmods.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1197

So I thought I would try it as well. And if you have tried every other avenue to see why the idle is hesitating I would finally look at what Fuel you use and then its, " Its Horses for Courses!"

 

_________________

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Runs Rough
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 10

Joined: 15th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 56 Victoria

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Check the spark plug gaps first, this is fairly critical on E-series ford sixes. They should be 1.1mm.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Runs Rough
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 10

Joined: 15th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 56 Victoria

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

I should have specified E series and all Au1, 11 & 111 4.0l engines. Plug gaps may not have been checked at the service, or before new plugs were fitted at the service . Also I wouldnt spray Carb clean/ aerostart/ WD40 or any aerosol down near the inlet manifold. If youve got an arcing coil or ignition lead, 40 000 Volt is a good source of ignition. You may see your engine bay go up in smoke. How many K's has the car done?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Runs Rough
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 4102

Joined: 18th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

Jet wrote:
. Also I wouldnt spray Carb clean/ aerostart/ WD40 or any aerosol down near the inlet manifold. If youve got an arcing coil or ignition lead, 40 000 Volt is a good source of ignition. You may see your engine bay go up in smoke.


This is a normal standard procedure for finding manifold leaks, I have never seen or heard of anyone having a problem with this method before.

 

_________________

Image
She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:24 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names