Fordmods Logo

rough running 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: rough running
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford ef falcon

SA, Australia

my car has started to have a bit of a missfire/rough idle.. only does it on petrol but runs sweet on lpg, replace the fuel filter and fuel pump recentlty tho. any1 got any ideas? also on petrol the pcv valve ticks super loud and also sounds like one injector is ticking a bit louder then the others. its a ef.

Post subject: Re: rough running
Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, NCII V8

SA, Australia

not sure what it is, but my old mans EL is doing to atm but reverse, runs fine on fuel but when on LPG it will not even get up the drive way feels like its running on 3 cyls.

if we find the problem ill let you know

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB Falcon

Same here mine idles like it's on 4 cylinders and when i accelerate it gets 5 times worse!

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Injectors........

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford ef falcon

SA, Australia

mine use to be that bad untill i replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump, went back to running perfect.. now its like it will be ideling smooth and have a little hickup ever say 3 seconds or so.. any ideas guys?

Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

the fuel lines could be gummed up might pay to run a tank of premium with an added injecter cleaner and then see if that helps

cheers, bear

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

What about a disconnected vacuum hose?

5.6L of carbon footprint.

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:15 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF xr6 AU3 220kw xr8

VIC, Australia

Just done my injectors and resealed my inlet manifold which was worth the effort, $20 inlet garket and about $20 bucks to get each injector cleaned and the power gains are great but as vic said check vacuum leaks. My ef xr6 is dual fuel too idles great on gas but a little rough on petrol, the computers have a tendancy to over fuel on idle causing them to run like a b**ch at times . Maybe unplug the O2 sensor when its running rough and see if it makes a difference. Also unplug the ISC on top of the throttle body they can tend to play up. I replaced mine done nothing so i wouldnt bother wasting your money mine is unplugged all the time and idles better off than on but it may stall once or twice when on cold start up so give it a little rev, very little rev on start up so u dont break nothing whith minimal oil pressure. Try those things 1st then you can start checking TPS and other things afterwards. Easy stuff 1st. hope that helps.

Posted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:59 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

kickn_it wrote:
Just done my injectors and resealed my inlet manifold which was worth the effort, $20 inlet garket and about $20 bucks to get each injector cleaned and the power gains are great but as vic said check vacuum leaks. My ef xr6 is dual fuel too idles great on gas but a little rough on petrol, the computers have a tendancy to over fuel on idle causing them to run like a b**ch at times . Maybe unplug the O2 sensor when its running rough and see if it makes a difference. Also unplug the ISC on top of the throttle body they can tend to play up. I replaced mine done nothing so i wouldnt bother wasting your money mine is unplugged all the time and idles better off than on but it may stall once or twice when on cold start up so give it a little rev, very little rev on start up so u dont break nothing whith minimal oil pressure. Try those things 1st then you can start checking TPS and other things afterwards. Easy stuff 1st. hope that helps.

Could try reset your base idle... Most of the guys using J3 chips are using TPS voltage readings of 0.7v at idle as a measure which equates too about 600rpm base idle rpm without a 0.75mm feeler gauge between the throttle tab and stop plate.

cheers

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]