Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

JMM customers have also run 13.8's

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

Well maybe not fastest e series around but fastest e series thats ever gonna see a drive down to the shops and through a busy carpark.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

mrnasty wrote:
Damo wrote:
I'm running a DEV 4 cam in my XR6 and i am dissapointed to say the least, although I'm not sure that it is dialled in correct as my mechanic said he needed the specs which I didn't have. I wanna see an RPD cammed car run a low 14 before I will even half consider one of there cams.

If you look at the 1/4 mile times on fordforums.com.au in the e-series section i think 7 out of the top 10 NA i6 E-Series cars are running JMM cams.

and the quickest e series is neither RPD or JMM, so how about thinking outside the square?? There are more than 2 cam grinders on this planet.

The quickest if i recal has give or take, 150rwkw. Not 170rwkw like JMM's $5500 dev 5 kit, which goes to show it comes down to the drivers skills, and the way the rest of the drivetrain/suspension is set up.

whats funny, is about 6 months ago i mentioned a few times about Surecam. %90 of the people on here said no way you're better of with someone well known like JMM or WADECAMS.
now a car running a surecams cam in a stock AU engine runs a 13.8 and backs that up with a 13.9, all of a sudden we need to start thinking outside the square.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
JMM customers have also run 13.8's

really? i didnt know that. I thought 13 second na 6 falcons were thin on the ground

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
mrnasty wrote:
Damo wrote:
I'm running a DEV 4 cam in my XR6 and i am dissapointed to say the least, although I'm not sure that it is dialled in correct as my mechanic said he needed the specs which I didn't have. I wanna see an RPD cammed car run a low 14 before I will even half consider one of there cams.

If you look at the 1/4 mile times on fordforums.com.au in the e-series section i think 7 out of the top 10 NA i6 E-Series cars are running JMM cams.

and the quickest e series is neither RPD or JMM, so how about thinking outside the square?? There are more than 2 cam grinders on this planet.

The quickest if i recal has give or take, 150rwkw. Not 170rwkw like JMM's $5500 dev 5 kit, which goes to show it comes down to the drivers skills, and the way the rest of the drivetrain/suspension is set up.

whats funny, is about 6 months ago i mentioned a few times about Surecam. %90 of the people on here said no way you're better of with someone well known like JMM or WADECAMS.
now a car running a surecams cam in a stock AU engine runs a 13.8 and backs that up with a 13.9, all of a sudden we need to start thinking outside the square.

if i could find out what grind OED666 is running i'd have it!!!!

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Call surecam and ask what cam they would recommend for 13's in a falcon 6...

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

VIC, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
Damo wrote:

I think you read too much into my post, i'm not happy with the JMM cam in present form, and not looking at RPD cams until they pull some decent times. Surecam Cams was actually at the top of my listif I can't get what I want out of the DEV 4.

And to clarify OED666 has an ED with t5Z 4.11 LSD, Pacemaker comps, 2.5" redback zorst, AU XR6 HP motor, CAI, Sure cam custom grind and chiptorque controlling it all also runs 235 street tyres. = 13.82 @99mph

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:

a big one? :P

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Damo wrote:
mrnasty wrote:
Damo wrote:

I think you read too much into my post, i'm not happy with the JMM cam in present form, and not looking at RPD cams until they pull some decent times. Surecam Cams was actually at the top of my listif I can't get what I want out of the DEV 4.

And to clarify OED666 has an ED with t5Z 4.11 LSD, Pacemaker comps, 2.5" redback zorst, AU XR6 HP motor, CAI, Sure cam custom grind and chiptorque controlling it all also runs 235 street tyres. = 13.82 @99mph

and just think of how much improvement is there if he gets the head ported properly. to run 13 something with JMM you need the works head and all.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

mrnasty wrote:

that would be useless unless you have an AU head

OED666 has only done what i been telling people for a long time. You need the match the cam to the head.

No point in running a cam made for the flow an AU head has, in an EF head that has different flow.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
mrnasty wrote:

that would be useless unless you have an AU head

OED666 has only done what i been telling people for a long time. You need the match the cam to the head.

No point in running a cam made for the flow an AU head has, in an EF head that has different flow.

good point, cheers ;)

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

well looks like ive gotta look around at some other places for cams. i went to a bloke who sells crow cams and he said 700 for the cam and about another 400 to fir it. i walked out of there pretty fast.

what attracts me to JMM is that the dev3 cam is only 500 and the springs are s**t cheap. from what ive been told you dont need the intake because it all comes into the throttle body anyway so the intake would yeild s**t all increase in power.

so you rekon surecams are a good place to try as well??

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

macca20042 wrote:
well looks like ive gotta look around at some other places for cams. i went to a bloke who sells crow cams and he said 700 for the cam and about another 400 to fir it. i walked out of there pretty fast.

what attracts me to JMM is that the dev3 cam is only 500 and the springs are s**t cheap. from what ive been told you dont need the intake because it all comes into the throttle body anyway so the intake would yeild s**t all increase in power.

so you rekon surecams are a good place to try as well??

Dont talk to resellers. Crow will send you a billet cam for about $400.

That price you were quoted was the "I can be bothered with you" price.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont

SA, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
stockstandard wrote:

a big one? :P

You'll be supprised how small the cam actualy is. Its a good matched combo.

Soo many idiots. So few bullets

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: EF II Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

Well... I have an original Stage 1 Alted cam (yes the one before they changed names) and I am not overly impressed with it at all in my EL XR6. I have been meaning to try somthing bigger from RPD but it all comes down to money. One day :)

Current Rides:
VX SS Commodore

EF II Fairmont Ghia, stock as a rock.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next