Fordmods Logo

RPD VS JMM 

 

Page 3 of 4 [ 59 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

JMM customers have also run 13.8's

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 2280

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: EF Falcon 95

Location: Rosebud
VIC, Australia

Well maybe not fastest e series around but fastest e series thats ever gonna see a drive down to the shops and through a busy carpark.

 

_________________

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

mrnasty wrote:
Damo wrote:
I'm running a DEV 4 cam in my XR6 and i am dissapointed to say the least, although I'm not sure that it is dialled in correct as my mechanic said he needed the specs which I didn't have. I wanna see an RPD cammed car run a low 14 before I will even half consider one of there cams.

If you look at the 1/4 mile times on fordforums.com.au in the e-series section i think 7 out of the top 10 NA i6 E-Series cars are running JMM cams.


and the quickest e series is neither RPD or JMM, so how about thinking outside the square?? There are more than 2 cam grinders on this planet.

The quickest if i recal has give or take, 150rwkw. Not 170rwkw like JMM's $5500 dev 5 kit, which goes to show it comes down to the drivers skills, and the way the rest of the drivetrain/suspension is set up.



whats funny, is about 6 months ago i mentioned a few times about Surecam. %90 of the people on here said no way you're better of with someone well known like JMM or WADECAMS.
now a car running a surecams cam in a stock AU engine runs a 13.8 and backs that up with a 13.9, all of a sudden we need to start thinking outside the square.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 2280

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: EF Falcon 95

Location: Rosebud
VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
JMM customers have also run 13.8's



really? i didnt know that. I thought 13 second na 6 falcons were thin on the ground

 

_________________

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 2280

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: EF Falcon 95

Location: Rosebud
VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
mrnasty wrote:
Damo wrote:
I'm running a DEV 4 cam in my XR6 and i am dissapointed to say the least, although I'm not sure that it is dialled in correct as my mechanic said he needed the specs which I didn't have. I wanna see an RPD cammed car run a low 14 before I will even half consider one of there cams.

If you look at the 1/4 mile times on fordforums.com.au in the e-series section i think 7 out of the top 10 NA i6 E-Series cars are running JMM cams.


and the quickest e series is neither RPD or JMM, so how about thinking outside the square?? There are more than 2 cam grinders on this planet.

The quickest if i recal has give or take, 150rwkw. Not 170rwkw like JMM's $5500 dev 5 kit, which goes to show it comes down to the drivers skills, and the way the rest of the drivetrain/suspension is set up.



whats funny, is about 6 months ago i mentioned a few times about Surecam. %90 of the people on here said no way you're better of with someone well known like JMM or WADECAMS.
now a car running a surecams cam in a stock AU engine runs a 13.8 and backs that up with a 13.9, all of a sudden we need to start thinking outside the square.


if i could find out what grind OED666 is running i'd have it!!!!

 

_________________

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Call surecam and ask what cam they would recommend for 13's in a falcon 6...

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 1160

Joined: 25th Apr 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
Damo wrote:
I'm running a DEV 4 cam in my XR6 and i am dissapointed to say the least, although I'm not sure that it is dialled in correct as my mechanic said he needed the specs which I didn't have. I wanna see an RPD cammed car run a low 14 before I will even half consider one of there cams.

If you look at the 1/4 mile times on fordforums.com.au in the e-series section i think 7 out of the top 10 NA i6 E-Series cars are running JMM cams.


and the quickest e series is neither RPD or JMM, so how about thinking outside the square?? There are more than 2 cam grinders on this planet.

The quickest if i recal has give or take, 150rwkw. Not 170rwkw like JMM's $5500 dev 5 kit, which goes to show it comes down to the drivers skills, and the way the rest of the drivetrain/suspension is set up.


I think you read too much into my post, i'm not happy with the JMM cam in present form, and not looking at RPD cams until they pull some decent times. Surecam Cams was actually at the top of my listif I can't get what I want out of the DEV 4.

And to clarify OED666 has an ED with t5Z 4.11 LSD, Pacemaker comps, 2.5" redback zorst, AU XR6 HP motor, CAI, Sure cam custom grind and chiptorque controlling it all also runs 235 street tyres. = 13.82 @99mph
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 2280

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: EF Falcon 95

Location: Rosebud
VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
Call surecam and ask what cam they would recommend for 13's in a falcon 6...


a big one? :P

 

_________________

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:21 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

Damo wrote:
mrnasty wrote:
Damo wrote:
I'm running a DEV 4 cam in my XR6 and i am dissapointed to say the least, although I'm not sure that it is dialled in correct as my mechanic said he needed the specs which I didn't have. I wanna see an RPD cammed car run a low 14 before I will even half consider one of there cams.

If you look at the 1/4 mile times on fordforums.com.au in the e-series section i think 7 out of the top 10 NA i6 E-Series cars are running JMM cams.


and the quickest e series is neither RPD or JMM, so how about thinking outside the square?? There are more than 2 cam grinders on this planet.

The quickest if i recal has give or take, 150rwkw. Not 170rwkw like JMM's $5500 dev 5 kit, which goes to show it comes down to the drivers skills, and the way the rest of the drivetrain/suspension is set up.


I think you read too much into my post, i'm not happy with the JMM cam in present form, and not looking at RPD cams until they pull some decent times. Surecam Cams was actually at the top of my listif I can't get what I want out of the DEV 4.

And to clarify OED666 has an ED with t5Z 4.11 LSD, Pacemaker comps, 2.5" redback zorst, AU XR6 HP motor, CAI, Sure cam custom grind and chiptorque controlling it all also runs 235 street tyres. = 13.82 @99mph



and just think of how much improvement is there if he gets the head ported properly. to run 13 something with JMM you need the works head and all.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:32 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

mrnasty wrote:

if i could find out what grind OED666 is running i'd have it!!!!


that would be useless unless you have an AU head

OED666 has only done what i been telling people for a long time. You need the match the cam to the head.

No point in running a cam made for the flow an AU head has, in an EF head that has different flow.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:38 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 2280

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: EF Falcon 95

Location: Rosebud
VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
mrnasty wrote:

if i could find out what grind OED666 is running i'd have it!!!!


that would be useless unless you have an AU head

OED666 has only done what i been telling people for a long time. You need the match the cam to the head.

No point in running a cam made for the flow an AU head has, in an EF head that has different flow.


good point, cheers ;)

 

_________________

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 144

Joined: 1st Jun 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: yarrawonga
VIC, Australia

well looks like ive gotta look around at some other places for cams. i went to a bloke who sells crow cams and he said 700 for the cam and about another 400 to fir it. i walked out of there pretty fast.

what attracts me to JMM is that the dev3 cam is only 500 and the springs are s**t cheap. from what ive been told you dont need the intake because it all comes into the throttle body anyway so the intake would yeild s**t all increase in power.

so you rekon surecams are a good place to try as well??

 

_________________

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

macca20042 wrote:
well looks like ive gotta look around at some other places for cams. i went to a bloke who sells crow cams and he said 700 for the cam and about another 400 to fir it. i walked out of there pretty fast.

what attracts me to JMM is that the dev3 cam is only 500 and the springs are s**t cheap. from what ive been told you dont need the intake because it all comes into the throttle body anyway so the intake would yeild s**t all increase in power.

so you rekon surecams are a good place to try as well??


Dont talk to resellers. Crow will send you a billet cam for about $400.

That price you were quoted was the "I can be bothered with you" price.

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 409

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: Look at that RICE!!
SA, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
stockstandard wrote:
Call surecam and ask what cam they would recommend for 13's in a falcon 6...


a big one? :P


You'll be supprised how small the cam actualy is. Its a good matched combo.

 

_________________

Soo many idiots. So few bullets

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 300

Joined: 5th Apr 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: EF II Fairmont Ghia

Location: Bowral
NSW, Australia

Well... I have an original Stage 1 Alted cam (yes the one before they changed names) and I am not overly impressed with it at all in my EL XR6. I have been meaning to try somthing bigger from RPD but it all comes down to money. One day :)

 

_________________

Current Rides:
VX SS Commodore

EF II Fairmont Ghia, stock as a rock.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:58 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names