Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: RPD VS JMM
Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

alrite,
so from what i can tell there are two sides to this whole website. those who like JMM and those who like RPD. i have read some awsome things about RPD and havent yet come accross anything against them but all i seem to hear is bad things with JMM.

just a couple of things...
1. what is the RPD website?? i would like to have a look at it to ultimatly decide whether they fit into my modifications i want to do to my car and the power i would like

2. this is a general question but ill still ask it. why is it that people who spend big money investing into aftermarket mods for fords and the likes are soo expensive wheras the japs can get the same sort of thing for s**t less... thats the main reason that JMM dont get as much business as they probably should (that and they customer service but i cant take sides)

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

cost it because the parts are made in much lower volume, and there arent sweatshops in china pumping out falcon gear.

JMM are good and get results but they are bloody expensive, where as RPD get good results and are cheaper. after sales service is also more reputable with RPD where as i have heard quite a few bad things about JMM

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Blu Falc wrote:
cost it because the parts are made in much lower volume, and there arent sweatshops in china pumping out falcon gear.

JMM are good and get results but they are bloody expensive, where as RPD get good results and are cheaper. after sales service is also more reputable with RPD where as i have heard quite a few bad things about JMM
i think we need to do something about the whole sweatshop thing here with falcon parts. sorta like a work for the dole program, but where they make parts instead. do u happen to know the webby at all??

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Ive got some stuff of JMM great gear, saw brendons turbo XR dead set crazy good blokes that know there s**t,

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Molloy wrote:
Ive got some stuff of JMM great gear, saw brendons turbo XR dead set crazy good blokes that know there s**t,
yeah i remember my encounter with his xr too. i saw him pull the 600.8 at shep last year i think it was. the thing just wanted to jump off the dyno and go on a crazy hit and run streak

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

macca20042 wrote:
Molloy wrote:
yeah i remember my encounter with his xr too. i saw him pull the 600.8 at shep last year i think it was. the thing just wanted to jump off the dyno and go on a crazy hit and run streak
hopefully ending its "hit and run streak" parked in my drive way!! because i wouldnt mind a 600rwhp e-series at all... :wink: 8-)

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
macca20042 wrote:
Molloy wrote:
hopefully ending its "hit and run streak" parked in my drive way!! because i wouldnt mind a 600rwhp e-series at all... :wink: 8-)
lol. well u cant have it cos i already called dibs on it.

well at 162rwkw, you got more than i do and u aint that far away considering what he has done to it to get it to where it is. so what have ya done to get that sorta power?? i estimate mine would do 130 at the most on the dyno near me cos its a new 1.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dont get me wrong, I havent seen any RPD gear in action, im sure its great stuff 2, but just after seeing brendons XR and knowing all the time they have put into working up E-series makes me wanna keep on going back there,

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Molloy wrote:
Dont get me wrong, I havent seen any RPD gear in action, im sure its great stuff 2, but just after seeing brendons XR and knowing all the time they have put into working up E-series makes me wanna keep on going back there,
yeah im still tossing up where to go cos i want to get the internal work done while the engine is still relativly being run in (it has just under 121000 on the clock) i was looking at the intake pipe and the DEV3 cam from there. do u think the cam needs to be dyno's to work or just setting the timimg will be enough to warrant an increase cos forkin over another 500 atleast for tuning is pretty big espec when ya only got a limited budget

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dev 3 should just slap in get some springs and ur good 2 go, have had no probs with mine.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Molloy wrote:
Dev 3 should just slap in get some springs and ur good 2 go, have had no probs with mine.
awsome. did u get the vernier cam timimg as well or just 4got it. also, did u do it urself or get em to tune it 4 ya??

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Na didnt get the cam gear, my local mechanic did it for me, he said it didnt give him trouble.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Molloy wrote:
Na didnt get the cam gear, my local mechanic did it for me, he said it didnt give him trouble.
awsome. well ill have to have a look into it because id also get the intake they make too

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon 95

VIC, Australia

Molloy wrote:

yes, they put alot of work into brendans car, because brendan is jims son. Theres no doubt in my mind that JMM stuff is good, but there customer relations are absolutely rock bottom. I very much doubt you would get the same service and quality brendan did.

I've never dealt with more unprofessional people in my life. I ordered my JMM DEV5 package, $3k worth of gear, and 3 months later i actually got it in the post.

And then theres the incident where JMM royaly f**k me when I tried to sell that package to an AU owner, But thats another story all together, if you must know what happened have a search through off topic, its in there somewhere.

Cougar Zero makes my pants fit nice.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

mrnasty wrote:
Molloy wrote:

yes, they put alot of work into brendans car, because brendan is jims son. Theres no doubt in my mind that JMM stuff is good, but there customer relations are absolutely rock bottom. I very much doubt you would get the same service and quality brendan did.

I've never dealt with more unprofessional people in my life. I ordered my JMM DEV5 package, $3k worth of gear, and 3 months later i actually got it in the post.

And then theres the incident where JMM royaly f**k me when I tried to sell that package to an AU owner, But thats another story all together, if you must know what happened have a search through off topic, its in there somewhere.
Yeah I saw that thread, but I havent coped a bad rap of em yet so im ok with em.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next