Fordmods Logo

ruff idle some help please? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: ruff idle some help please?
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

ok guys got a 94 ef xr6 auto just got the engine cleaned out and head machined new gaskets and new piston rings and other things.

now on start up when the car is cold its fine , but when it WARMS UP it starts to idle realy ruff and hunt for reves.

now its at the auto electrition and he is stumpt he doesnt know what it is he has changed the isc sensor and has done heaps of other stuff but he doesnt know what else to look at?

can u guys just give me a list of posible things it can be so i can tell him to check ?

please guys thanks.

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:31 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

fuel filter was my problem when i had a rough idle......its starting again so im suspecting all of fuel line. get ur fuel line checked. and did he muck around with the little screw to set the idle speed? cause my dad mucked aroudn with it and now idle is in the shat. did ur engine get washed? ur dizzy or coil might have gotten wet (which ever ur car has? i dun even know the difference). thats all i can think of at the moment

good luck

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

yeh i just done the head on mine too.
when hot and idling, it has a slight miss/lumpy idle.
i'm putting it down to a coilpack or the fuel filter/injectors.
the car hasn't been running for around 3-4months before i got it going, so im running the stale fuel pretty low then i'll run some injector/fuel cleaner in it along with a fuel filter after the cleaner has gone through.
i've replaced plugs/leads, and it's not the isc.
the only other thing i can think of is a vacuum leak or possibly crook ecu (doubt it though).
hopefully it's just fuel and hopefully it'll be fixed!

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Post subject: Re: ruff idle some help please?
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

BNKRBR wrote:
ok guys got a 94 ef xr6 auto just got the engine cleaned out and head machined new gaskets and new piston rings and other things.

now on start up when the car is cold its fine , but when it WARMS UP it starts to idle realy ruff and hunt for reves.

now its at the auto electrition and he is stumpt he doesnt know what it is he has changed the isc sensor and has done heaps of other stuff but he doesnt know what else to look at?

can u guys just give me a list of posible things it can be so i can tell him to check ?

please guys thanks.
Did he check the codes....could be crank sensor, O2 sensor....

Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:19 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

apparently its the crank angle senor. It gets dirty and stuffs up. i am gonna pull mine of this w/e and give it a clean with some throttle boddy cleaner.

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:08 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

menaceEF wrote:
apparently its the crank angle senor. It gets dirty and stuffs up. i am gonna pull mine of this w/e and give it a clean with some throttle boddy cleaner.

where the hell is the crank sensor? my car is weird. it only has rough idle when its in Park or in Neutral. but in Drive reverse or 1 2 or 3 the idle is quiet and good. whats up with that?

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

yeh i only had a quater of fuel in the tank when i left it with them and its been sitting for about a mounth and a half so it could be that might just get him to put 25 Ls in and some octain booster.

and then go on from there.

keep the replys comming guys if i gett his fixed ill be posting what i done and maybe we could put this as a sticky coz heaps of guys have this problem.

thanks for the replys so fare.

Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
menaceEF wrote:

where the hell is the crank sensor? my car is weird. it only has rough idle when its in Park or in Neutral. but in Drive reverse or 1 2 or 3 the idle is quiet and good. whats up with that?

phong =P~

Don't go looking for a crank angle sensor on a EL, you wont find one! Only on coil pack models, EF, AU, BA, BF.
FYI its mounted on the timing case just above the harmonic balancer.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]