Fordmods Logo

Running bad... has for a while. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: no power
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

thats exactly right, the quickest way to check for a blocked cat..... (or a vacumm gauge)........ unless you can hear the cat rattling......Reggie had the same problem had a exhaust system fitted & my head & cam package around the same time, aprox 6-8 months later all of a sudden had loss of power pulled the 02 out & went around the block the smile was back on his face, remember the system was only 6-8 months old, never assume!

Joe

Post subject: Re: no power
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

AUXR8 2 wrote:
thats exactly right, the quickest way to check for a blocked cat..... (or a vacumm gauge)........ unless you can hear the cat rattling......Reggie had the same problem had a exhaust system fitted & my head & cam package around the same time, aprox 6-8 months later all of a sudden had loss of power pulled the 02 out & went around the block the smile was back on his face, remember the system was only 6-8 months old, never assume!

Joe

Joe, just FYI, I had to fill up the other day, (tank was very low) and the only fuel the station had was Shell E10 (the Ethanol blended one) all other pumps were "out of service".... I just think it was because it was "cheap tuesday" and they didn't want to discount the high octane stuff :-)

Anyway, After taking it home, and then back to work next day, the rough running and spluttering at startup when cold has reduced to almost Nothing! (very frustrating as I am bringing it down for diagnostics on Monday!!!)

I looked up the Shell site, and they said that the E10 is 94 octane, rather than 91... but other than the 10% Ethanol blend this was the only thing different.

Anyway, you'll have a chance to do a thorough top to tail then. :-) Hopefully whatever it is will be fairly immediately obvious!

Cheers
Casey

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2