Fordmods Logo

safe limit on turboing my car 

 

Page 1 of 6 [ 84 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
 Post subject: safe limit on turboing my car
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1092

Joined: 14th Mar 2006

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 turbo project

Location: perth
WA, Australia

my car is a 1987 xf and shes done 225 thou. kays. i know shes done too many 2 turbo now, but what would be a cheaper option and bring morte power? rebuild and turbo, or new bigger motor? and what other 6 motor should i get? that can be turbod
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3893

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

how deep are your pockets? at 15 they probably arent very deep, when looking at a turbo, have at least 7-8k to play with before you even start.

i would worry about learning to drive before you even think about turboing a car.

 

_________________

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1549

Joined: 27th Apr 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

an i6 from an eb-ed, they would be cheap. Is yours efi or carby?
as for the turbo- your 15, no insurance company will touch you even for 3rd party
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1092

Joined: 14th Mar 2006

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 turbo project

Location: perth
WA, Australia

excuse me? learn to drive!!?

ive been driving since i was 10 buddy and had 5 cars. ( ford cortina, mini, ford laser, nissan blubird, toyota corona) (i live on a farm where i learnt to drive, and drift, and drag and watever else you want) all i wanted was advice, not insult....
and for the guy ho talked about insurance, thanx man i never thought about that
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: safe limit on turboing my car
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 4967

Joined: 22nd Nov 2004

Location: FAR FAR AWAY LAND
QLD, Australia

nv.shaggys.xf wrote:
my car is a 1987 xf and shes done 225 thou. kays. i know shes done too many 2 turbo now, but what would be a cheaper option and bring morte power? rebuild and turbo, or new bigger motor? and what other 6 motor should i get? that can be turbod
how about staying at school and learning how to spell and learn proper grammer rather than dreaming of a turbo...

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1092

Joined: 14th Mar 2006

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 turbo project

Location: perth
WA, Australia

hahahaha

do you envy me because at 15 you had s**t? and i worked my a*** off to get me a car and do it up and all you can do is insult me? you must feel like man...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 4967

Joined: 22nd Nov 2004

Location: FAR FAR AWAY LAND
QLD, Australia

nv.shaggys.xf wrote:
hahahaha

do you envy me because at 15 you had s**t? and i worked my a*** off to get me a car and do it up and all you can do is insult me? you must feel like man...
havent even started to insult you yet, as for envy you sorry pal i feel sorry for you didnt know anyone out there was as dumb as you....

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1092

Joined: 14th Mar 2006

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 turbo project

Location: perth
WA, Australia

ahh yes, and how old are you big man?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 744

Joined: 10th Nov 2005

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

c'mon that's enough flaming coz he'll tell his mum (he does live with them)
the reason u didn't think about insurance is because u just want to jump straight into turbo's, think about it for just a second start off with just doing up that motor and see what you can get out of it.
Then with all the stuff you've done to it come into FM's and tell all us oldies what you've done and then you'll have some serious cred behind you and they will all say geez a turbo with ur experience why not go two here's how i can help.


you are only 15,
i doubt you even have ur learners yet,
start small, i know it sux to be told that but we all did.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 5313

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Surf, Turbo Diesel

Location: Melbourne, S.E Suburbs
VIC, Australia

noisuf wrote:
nv.shaggys.xf wrote:
hahahaha

do you envy me because at 15 you had s**t? and i worked my a*** off to get me a car and do it up and all you can do is insult me? you must feel like man...
havent even started to insult you yet, as for envy you sorry pal i feel sorry for you didnt know anyone out there was as dumb as you....


hahah i give the kid some credit for starting noisuf....


and the reason you havnt thought of insurance is because you are 15
insurance isnt something thats ment to be on a 15yo's mind...
explore sex and drugs before turbos and insurance...

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:35 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

chunkz wrote:
noisuf wrote:
nv.shaggys.xf wrote:
hahahaha

do you envy me because at 15 you had s**t? and i worked my a*** off to get me a car and do it up and all you can do is insult me? you must feel like man...
havent even started to insult you yet, as for envy you sorry pal i feel sorry for you didnt know anyone out there was as dumb as you....


hahah i give the kid some credit for starting noisuf....


and the reason you havnt thought of insurance is because you are 15
insurance isnt something thats ment to be on a 15yo's mind...
explore sex and drugs before turbos and insurance...


sex and drugs..........sounds like he doesnt even go to school for sex ed if he has worked his a** off for this.......then again TV is everyons best friend.

dude start small then big. u dun want to wrap ur car around a pole or a tree for ur matter at the age of 15 and a half or 16.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:48 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3893

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

nv.shaggys.xf wrote:
excuse me? learn to drive!!?

ive been driving since i was 10 buddy and had 5 cars. ( ford cortina, mini, ford laser, nissan blubird, toyota corona) (i live on a farm where i learnt to drive, and drift, and drag and watever else you want) all i wanted was advice, not insult....
and for the guy ho talked about insurance, thanx man i never thought about that


excuse me, i didnt take a shot at you, your 15. i dont give a s**t if you have been driving since you were 10 and have had 5 cars, your still f**k 15 and dont even have L's. maybe you should learn to drive and not on a farm, cause i have also driven in both, and driving in city traffic is just a little different.

why do you think there are so many young deaths? cause king d**k like youself go f**k man ive been driving since i was 10 years old on the farm i can drift drive drag etc in there i know how to drive, you get on the road alone and wrap yourself around a pole.

by all means, its good to have a goal of turbo'ing your car, but you really have to be realistic, you can expect at 15 to come into a forum and say yeh, i got an XF, i wanna turbo it. cause we have all thought about that route and realised there is slim to no chance of it happening.

learn to drive, get past your P's without losing and demerits and save the whole time, by that time u will be able to think about turbo'ing your car.


By no means let us get in your way if this is what you want, i think we have all seen way to many casualty's when a young person has got behind the wheel of some serious power and killed themself playing my invincible. Work hard save your money and put it towards something nice once youve got past your P's

 

_________________

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Last edited by Gaz on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:02 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1092

Joined: 14th Mar 2006

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 turbo project

Location: perth
WA, Australia

okay thankyou, im sorry, i must have mis read or took what you said before wrong. my bad.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:04 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 744

Joined: 10th Nov 2005

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

(Retracting a*** comment)

Replacing with It's so true, i want to supercharge mine but i doubt that will happen in the near few years yet.

Gotta learn how to fix it before wrecking it.

 

_________________

Image

Last edited by Davehimself on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:07 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3893

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

yes, i didnt meant to be having a shot at you in my first post, there is just alot people dont realise come with a turbo, which is why so many here dont ahve them cause its not affordable or practicle.

have your dream man, it will keep you inspired, just dont throw all your pennies into a basket on your first car, more than likley it might get a few knocks on the way. save the money until you have something nice to throw it at. do some small things, but dont throw the big money at it straight away

 

_________________

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 6  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Facebook [Bot] and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names