Fordmods Logo

Sct or sniper flash tune? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Sct or sniper flash tune?
Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:40 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2004 Ba Xr6

VIC, Australia

Just curious if anyone knows the difference between the sniper flash tunes off eBay compared to the sct flash tuner..I'm considering the sniper tune due to it being around 150-200$ cheaper .. But I'm just curious if anyone's used this program before and if it will add the same of not more kws compared to a sct flash tune

Post subject: Re: Sct or sniper flash tune?
Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

best advice i can say is if your planing on getting it custom tuned. call around the places you would go to first and see if they have the software to tune sniper, as not all shops will.
i think sniper allows you yourself to tune the car aswell, however this requires the purchase of the program and depending on which you buy, they are pretty expensive.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Yeah im gunna be getting a custom tune done.. It will cost me 1500-1600$ but it's just down the road so I gotta wait 2weeks before I can book it in lol but should be good

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i noticed you have another thread about a exhaust.
what other performance mods have you done on the car, as its recommended to do your mods before a custom tune, as it ties everything together.
basic simple mods that are good to look at are headers + catback, and putting in a typhoon style intake with K&N filter.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

winman wrote:
i noticed you have another thread about a exhaust.
what other performance mods have you done on the car, as its recommended to do your mods before a custom tune, as it ties everything together.
basic simple mods that are good to look at are headers + catback, and putting in a typhoon style intake with K&N filter.

Yeah, im not going to put the extractors on i dont think just because a cop can pop the bonnet and see them..700$ for comp and install pacemakers..thinking about it lol..but ive got Pod filter built into air box and xr6t snorkel..2'5 redback exhaust cat back and venom 2'5 100cpsi high flow cat..
Keeping it stock looking if a cop pops my bonnet but has the power behind it with the tune

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

dont know how it is down south, but here in nsw ive been pulled over heaps of times by cops, all they do is rbt and off i go. so long as your not doing anything stupid to give them a reason to look under the bonnet you should be right

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Yeah I went trough a rbt setup on the side of the road..cops made me pull over and pop my el bonnet lol.. Lucky I sprayed the extractors black the night before ;)

Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:31 am 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Both a Sniper and a SCT tune can do exactly the same things to the ECU, so in well trained hands no reason they both can't do the same results.

However, there's many more experienced SCT tuners out there.
The SCT (XCAL3) box has on board logging and diagnostics, and can hold 4 tunes (3+factory) so you can change at will should you want/need to.

Don't expect to unlock heaps of extra kW on a n/a XR6 and only minimal mods. It may not be a very economical mod for you.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

data_mine wrote:
Both a Sniper and a SCT tune can do exactly the same things to the ECU, so in well trained hands no reason they both can't do the same results.

However, there's many more experienced SCT tuners out there.
The SCT (XCAL3) box has on board logging and diagnostics, and can hold 4 tunes (3+factory) so you can change at will should you want/need to.

Don't expect to unlock heaps of extra kW on a n/a XR6 and only minimal mods. It may not be a very economical mod for you.

Yeah might wait till if i turbo it or get an 8 down the track lol..Just keep it a cruisy car at the moment

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]