Fordmods Logo

second hand car with 260,000km 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

I think people r overly obsessed with K's....its all in the treatment and servicing....260k for a non thrashed older persons car which has been serviced regularly is fine.....

I would trust this car more than 1/2 the cars on this forum....which regularly visit the redline and have dodgy speedo readings anyway...we all know younge people r some of the most dodgyest out there..

if the car drives fine and is nice and clean and no smoke or bad engine noises ull have a good car....as good as any falcon anyway.....dont be surprised when something goes wrong - its a ford....dont like that then get a toyota...

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
There's AU's selling for under 6 grand now.

like to know where!

yeah ex-taxis..

your not gunna get a NON auction AU for this that doesnt need 2 grand spent on it...

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:11 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

gogetta wrote:
I would trust this car more than 1/2 the cars on this forum....which regularly visit the redline and have dodgy speedo readings anyway...we all know younge people r some of the most dodgyest out there..

I take offense to that good sir!
I always lift-off to force a shift at 4700, and my speedo is dodgy the good way, as in doing 130 to keep up with traffic...
And generally dodgy?
Pfftt.
4 out of 5 nuts ain't bad, I say...
Geez, no respect these old blokes...

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
gogetta wrote:

I take offense to that good sir!
I always lift-off to force a shift at 4700, and my speedo is dodgy the good way, as in doing 130 to keep up with traffic...
And generally dodgy?
Pfftt.
4 out of 5 nuts ain't bad, I say...
Geez, no respect these old blokes...

I rekon!

On the other note i say get it looked at n see how the report goes.

We got a run around s**t car, an EBII and it has 216,000kms, this scared me at 1st but it really is in excelent condition for its age; smooth/tight as, interior as new and ext not bad other than cpl of scratches that dont show on silver paint, small ones.
This just to show high kms doesnt equal POS.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Explorer

NSW, Australia

there was a green eb xr8 manual on carsales for 5000 with only 200000kms and it was owned by an old bloke so i doubt he thrashed it around check that car out on the net it looks clean allover. i bought a ed for 3000 with 75000 off an old guy so go for 2500 cause its probly a daily driver on the freeway

kangaroos and radiators are a bad mixture

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

wow, that sounds alright, i'd love an XR8 but i'd hate the petrol price. being at uni and all... haha

I think i might hang onto the good old telstar for a while longer and find an old guy whos selling his EL on Gas.

haha

---

Ralph

Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:00 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 95 EF Futura

QLD, Australia

Just bought a blue EF futura with 270k on the clock, ran fine for three days then she decided to do a headgasket this morning on the way to work :evil:

there was no warning, just started overheating & running rough as guts after running fine for 50km or so on the highway...

that being said the rest of the cars quite good, hopefully the mechanic doesnt find anything else stuffed *crosses fingers head isnt cracked*

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

VIC, Australia

My first Car 1978 TE Cortina bought it with 405000km on clock it was cheap $400 on gas went to 498000km and my brother cooked motor.

Second car 1988 EA Fairmont Ghia bought with 289000 km on clock ($4900) its still was going with orig motor until 409000 when we accidently bent valves with AU rocker assembly ended up ripping out motor and dropping EF 4.0l in with EA injection plus lots more mods its still going currently up to 457000 km.

My current Car 1999 AU fairmont bought with 214000 km on clock ($8500 finance company repo) had no mechanical issues with it Auto need service soon its getting a bit tired.

So long as the car has gor a good service history and hasnt been driven into ground should be ok. is hte car with original owner? has it had a Head gasket done at all?

Factory Specifications are Optional

1988 EA Fairmont Ghia Retired after 11yrs
1999 AU Fairmont Written off :(
2003 BA XR6 Written off :(
2001 AU Falcon - Run around
2005 SY Territory Ghia

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6 Hybrid

ACT, Australia

Draebor wrote:
Just bought a blue EF futura with 270k on the clock, ran fine for three days then she decided to do a headgasket this morning on the way to work :evil:

:cry: I just noticed something leaking out of my head gasket a few weeks ago, so Im going to have to get the cash and get that fixed up before it blows.

But I've had my 95 futura for about 3 months now and got it check over this week and the mechanic says its in great condition except for the gasket :lol:

Manual EL XR6, 2.5" Lukey Exhaust System, Pacemaker 4499 extractors, K-mack Adjustable camber kit, Pedders adjustable coilovers, K&N intake, 18" BSA291's, Full Alpine Tyre R entertainment system.
Formerly known as Liam~EF 95

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2