Fordmods Logo

SERIOUSLY F**CKING URGENT!!! 

Page 2 of 7 [ 97 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: Re: SERIOUSLY F**CKING URGENT!!!
Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Black EB 5 Speed EL Front End

QLD, Australia

have you got insurance on it that covers storm damage

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

so you rekcon it just needs a really good dry out?? also, when i checked to see if my filter was wet the rest of the engine didnt seem that wet.. looked at my radiotor tho and it just full of s**t like mulch and leaves and s**t. number plate has gone too! dunno where the f**k it is haha..
so, check plugs and give them a dry, obviously dry the filter out.. replace oils, dry the TB if water got that high? rip interior out..
hopefully it does a bit of drying tomoro as its sposed to be 31 degrees...
hows that, extreme weather warnings one day, then 31 the next... perth is so gay lol
any more tips would be great
cheers guys

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Thats really unfortunate. I feel for you.

Get it towed home to safety, and start ripping it apart.

Pull the entire interior, boot carpets etc out, pressure/steam clean it all and let it dry for a few days. While it is drying, you can look at the mechanical side.

Once the interior trim is out, make sure everything is dry inside the car, all wiring looms, fusebox, under dash area, etc. Pull everything you can off the motor (throttle body, plugs, coil/spark plug cover, etc). Turn it over by hand as said to push water out. Leave the plugs out etc, car in the sun, let it all dry. Change ALL fluids and filters, flush cooling system, clean all underbonnet looms, replays, fuses etc. New battery, put it all back together with new plugs etc and try it from there.

Goodluck. Big job.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:13 am 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

its fooked.
do you have insurance?
most of them would be writing that off.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:42 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: henry's finest

NSW, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
its fooked.
do you have insurance?
most of them would be writing that off.

Wot E sed ay guv!

If you don't have insurance you have a long expensive road ahead of.
If somehow you managed to turn the motor while there was water in the intake it could possibly have hydraulically locked the motor.
Once water comes in contact with engine internals they rust very fast. Then the metal will pit and then everything goes bang.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

just abot to mention, that before you try to start it again, try turing the harmonic balance with a socket set, basicall if you try stating with the start motor, and it is hydraulocked, it can do serious damage real quick eg bend you valves etc.
if it doesn't turne by hand relatively easy, maybe even fell anothere so you can feel a comparisson(not a diesel). if it is locked, try dump your oil out the sump, fresh oil quicksmart, and well really need to hope for the best,

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:59 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

unless it was running at the time the TB was underwater its unlikely its hydro locked. the compression acts like a pump and sucks water in if running while the TB is submerged.

probably find all the relays need to be replaces, a few electicals need to be replaced. just dump the fluids straight away, check for water in all fluids, replace the fluids. as already advised turn the motor by hand not on the starter. once you have done this and find its not hydro locked, pull all the plugs and crank it on the starter, IF there is any water on top of the pistons, this will pump it out. expect to see a little bit of fluid come out, it will be petrol, alot of fluid, could be water.

Don't forget, dump your petrol at well. I assure you there will be water in there to. fuel pump may be cactus out of all this too..

Seeing the $$$ add up now.

I have a car.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

It depends on you luck, if it sat in water its most likely screwed up heaps but if you just passed through quick and it stalled you may be ok. I would disconnect battery open all doors and windows steam clean, at least drain engine oil + spray wd40 on electrical connectors that may have been in water. I doubt water would of entered transmission, they are sealed like f**k usually. Its just a waiting game. In a couple of days you might find its fine, or it could of fried every electrical component in the place, does instrument cluster work? smartshield locking ? Keep us posted

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

hey guys, as soon as the water got to about my number plate it cut out, (roughly that high) but then i had to push it out of the water witch got to bout 200mm below the window give or take.. all electrics are still working. i just need to get it home so i can start working on it... its s**t, really needa dry everything out, and if it needs to be done quick then im obviously in the s**t cos i have zero dollars and no way of towing it home.....

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:32 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Is the car insured?

Dude if the car has drowned in water you will forever have a wet stench in your car and ongoing electrical problems.

If its insured then let the insurance company organise towing and the repairs for you. But if it has drowned then id say they will write it off. Its not a simple job of just drying the car out. Moisture will still corrode the electrical components over time.

Sorry to hear about your car and you sound passionate about wanting to fix it but unfortunately water gets everywhere and can be nasty.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

nah, no insurance only just finished the contract on it.... thats why im so passionate about getting it fixed, cos if i dont then i have a 17grand loan for nothing... im not bothered bout the interior atm, i just wana get it home so i can rip everything out..

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:07 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Good luck mate a BF II is definately not a car to let go easily and 17k is not easy to come by.

Just take your time with it and fix it properly.

Cheers,
shaun.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

yeh cheers man. worste part is i dont have a job atm, am looking for work. so cash flow is literally zero. so its guna be hard to do the job perfect with no money haha.

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

hey guys am gettin it towed back to my joint soon. just wondering if you could tell me all the things i need to do the job right. e.g what type of oil? should i replace my oil filter, fuel filter? should i dump the petrol aswell? if tranny fluid needs changing, how do i get to it, as its not in the owners manual etc.
cheers

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Alex90 wrote:
nah, no insurance only just finished the contract on it.... thats why im so passionate about getting it fixed, cos if i dont then i have a 17grand loan for nothing... im not bothered bout the interior atm, i just wana get it home so i can rip everything out..

hmm i was under the impression that whoever organises finance on your car makes you organise comprehensive insurance before you leave with the car

edit: just seen youve had the car at least since November 2008 so i cant f**k believe you skimped out on insurance whilst paying off a 17k car

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 7  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next