Fordmods Logo

SERIOUSLY F**CKING URGENT!!! 

Page 4 of 7 [ 97 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: SERIOUSLY F**CKING URGENT!!!
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

not sure about fuel rail, but yeah to the plugs it will make it easier to turn over too!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

because it was really hard to turn over, i dont know how strong the starter motor is, but i honestly dont think it could have turned it over...
so either this is normal? as i dont exactly know how hard it is to turn over by hand. or there is something not right in there??

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford EF - Garret TO4Z

TAS, Australia

A WORD OF WARNING!
in some inline ford engines manually rotaing the engine the wrong way it normally rotates can cause damadge to the timing chain guide!

when u turn over any engine it will get easy then hard like kick back around then repeat this, its just the compression in the cylinders take the spark plugs out it will make it hell easy to turn it over then.

if theres water in the throttle body then theres most likley water in the intake and most likley when it happaned the water got sucked into the chambers through the intake.

if theres water in the chambers and the sump it could mean the waters gotten past the rings, possibly. im not 100% on this ,

READ THIS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrolock

"Another cause can include a head gasket failure, which may allow the radiator coolant to leak into the combustion chamber."

wish i could help you i really do.

basically you could do a number of things , the first one i would be doing is taking the spark plugs out like other ford members have said and turn it over. if ther is an ammount of water in any cylinder it should splurt out the spark plug hole, maby get some string andthread it donw the spark plug hole to the bottom of the cylinder and pull it out and see if the strings wet , with water,

"If an engine hydrolocks while idling or under low power conditions, the engine may stop suddenly with no immediate damage. In this case the engine can be purged by unscrewing the spark plugs or injectors and spinning the engine to expel the liquid from the combustion chambers. Depending on how the liquid was introduced to the engine, it possibly can be restarted and dried out with normal combusion heat, or it may require more work, such as flushing out corrupted operating fluids and replacing damaged gaskets."

One thing i might ask is did the engine just stop like abrubtley, or did it cough and splutter then slowley lead to a stall?

things to do
1. BUY A REPAIR MANUAL FOR IT- This will come in handy so much!

2. unscrew spark plugs , spin engine, see if any water comes out , do the string thing i suggested,
if there is any water then do what fairlane6970 said to do
"any water will come out then put in some thin oil, let it soak then wind her again to get rid of excess."

if theres spark and fuel getting in then i would check the quality of the fuel you should probally manually operate the fuel pump with the fuel rail off and let it run through then chuck some more fuel in untill you guess that its all gone through, there should probally be a pin in the diagnostic port to operate the fuel pump by applying 12+ or grounding it, read up on this before you do it because im not 100% on thease newer fords

3. isolate other problems, take one spark plug out and hold the thread part on the exawst manifold or any unpainted metal or like the negative on the battery then , Dont hold it anyware near the open sparkplug hole ive doe this before and lost eyebrows, get someone to turn the engine over with the keys , see if theres any spark, thats good, really good, if theres not it could mean the ECU's disabled the spark because its found an error. or theres a problem with the electrics.

Conclusion:

so if theres no water in the cylinders/ youve gotten it all out, and its got spark and its got clean fuel. and its still not running then my best guess is that its engine damadge , eg, its cracked the head, blown the head gasket,( bent a conrod, althrough it would probally still fire) if its not snapped. OR electrical problems

if it does start but runs like a bucket of s**t , eg. coughs and splutters , does not idle. , possibly abnormal exawst smoke, then either the head gaskets fked or the rings, or its got a cracked block , and so on to the many things that can make it run like a b**ch.

if it does start and run then you luckey son of a b**ch!

hope this helps somewhat least gives you an idea of what to work on, its like 2:00am and im munted have to go to sleep sorry for any spelling errors u grammar nazi's

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Wagon/ 1967 XR

VIC, Australia

Ahhh F**k so it was running.........Do exactly as what was previously said and you need to state weather or not it completely died while you were still trying to drive it through or if you turned it off just before it died and you just cant start it again now.
From what it sounds like you've tried driving the car through and its taken a mouthfull of water then completely died on you, which for your sake i hope it stalled from ignition failure and not from bent internals.

Even trying to drive through half a metre of water at some pace can can create a wave over the front of your bonnet and by then its filled up your intake and unless you dont turn it off there and then you can have all sorts of grief with the engine.
Let us know if it cranks over ok when you take all the plugs out and if much water comes shooting out.

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

ok cheers, yeh my engine just cut out pretty much straight away. so obviously taking the plugs out is the next step..
can someone tell me is there any care i should be taking when removing the fuel rail? and do the spark plugs have a torque setting or just screw them back in til they are tight?
am off to repco (rips every poor C**T off) soon to see if i can get the right ratchet to take seats and interior out. while its sunny here, hope it lasts all day...
cheers
alex

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:57 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

f**k man honestly i feel sorry for you with the task you have ahead. :| As far as i know i would screw the sparkplugs back in until they are tight but dont go overboard tight. You will know what i mean once you have the ratchet in your hand. :wink:

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

ok so if the engine like just stop suddenly then it might be a hydrolock, my thinking is is that if a little water got in it would cough and such and if it just p****d in it would lock it up like a b**ch and possibly engine damadge

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

yeh im guessing it has locked up because it is quite hard to turn over by hand.. hopefully its not tight enought to ben any rods or valves or anything... but is it possible that there is still water sitting on top of the pistons?? even after i turned it over? or am i just taking the plugs out to get more water out that might be left there. (am i expecting quite a bit or just a trickle?)

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

the only way to get the water out is takeing the spark plygs out and turng it over, tey the string thing i said

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

okay, i got a gregorys manual so hopefully it will be a piece of piss... btw how the f**k do u get the centre console out... its giving me the s**t!!! and i dont wana break anything... how do u get the silver gear surround off? and how do u gett he auto gear selector off??

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

How do you take the centre console out????????

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BAII XR6T

NSW, Australia

it would tell you in the manual man, have a look though

FOR SALE BAII XR6 TURBO

Build Thread StrawbZ AU XR6 & BAII XR6T

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:14 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

yeh once you've taken the spark plugs out, un plug the injectors and charge your battery up and then crank your starter for 5-10secs til all the water etc and sprayed out the spark plug holes. (make sure you got oil in the engine for this so u dont spin a bearing.)

with your interior, heat gun on low for the stuff you cant take out and then lots of airing out and maybe air freshener so it dont smell like wet dog

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

haha what a mission, the centre console out, got the carpet out, got the brown stuff out with foam on the back. hosed it all down to get the dirty water out atleast, on the driveway in the sun now. whats the best way to clean the carpets in this situation dya know?
also, with the spark plug situation, would it still be alright to try crank the engine over seeing as it was really hard to turn over by hand? also, i have disconnected alot if electrical components in the interio and its stil a bit damp through out.. would it be a good idea to reconnect the battery now, or should i wait till it is all completely dry?

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

youve tried to turn the motor with the plugs still in it, seriously get a mate or your dad or someone that knows what their doing before you make things worse. You seem to be way out of your depth!

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 7  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next