Fordmods Logo

Servicing? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Servicing?
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:15 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 09 FG XR6 N/A

VIC, Australia

Need to take my FG into get serviced for my first time (previously second hand car). It's been serviced by a Ford dealership until its warranty ran out and was lasted serviced at my local mechanics.

Just after a few opinions on where people would recommend taking it. There's 2 Ford dealerships nearby I could take her to. Or plenty of regular mechanics in town.

I know to stay away from places like K-Mart after my last cars service there (can't believe I agreed to let them do that work to it was something like $1200.)

I noticed that Ford have the capped price servicing and my car would be covered for the next 3 services there.

Decisions, decisions, I only want what's best for her.

Post subject: Re: Servicing?
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

One thing I learned, and that's I'm never taking my cars back to Ford for any work to be done. All they do is d**k you around, and charge you out the a** for basic maintenance work. If it's a Minor service such as oils and filters, do it yourself at home. If it's a major service, find a place that has a good reputation for quality work, and fair prices.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Post subject: Re: Servicing?
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

steroidfrog wrote:
I noticed that Ford have the capped price servicing and my car would be covered for the next 3 services there

You know what else gets capped. The time they spend on the car. They pump those services through the cheapest apprentices they have and you definitely get you what you pay for.
Anyone who thinks they are getting a thorough, quality service with fixed/capped price servicing needs their head read.

My apprentice used to work for a Mazda dealer, the fixed price stuff when through unsupervised 2nd year apprentices and they were given 30mins per car regardless of the recommended time.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]