Fordmods Logo

Shiftkit 

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Shiftkit
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Do electronic shiftkits only shift hard on upshift, or when shifting down gears also?

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

:? any ideas?

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I was just ripped off by shiftkits.com
End post

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

WA, Australia

haha oach harsh words.
umm what happened exactly?

BA Fairmont Ghia
Optioned.
V8.
Superlows.
18's

Alot to come

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: '04 BA XT Falcon

NSW, Australia

Never having installed a shiftkit I'm not 100% on this, but aren't shiftkits supposed to make all gear changes harder? And quicker to boot.

If it ain't broke, I must've already fixed it.

Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

the down changes are hard aswell.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I live half an hour away from shiftkits.com and after waiting 4 days for it to be delivered i asked what the go was and the dude said he hadnt even sent it yet, called him back soon after to tell him not to bother and to refund my money and he bloody charged me delivery and restocking fee-$22.He hadnt even sent the thing yet!
If thats not harsh i dont know what is.
Im not saying they dont do good products, the guy has no business sense and seems to not give a s**t about his customers or how long he makes them wait for their delivery.

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 66 Coupe

WA, Australia

shannon, if you want to make noise about the order, how about telling the facts?
You werent ripped off at all, you decided to cancel the order at the last minute.

Shiftkits Australia is a mail order only business, There is no local pickup option, it has always been this way.

You placed the order on the 22/10
The payment did not clear until midnight 24/10, as banks can take 24-48 hours to process payments, this is out of our control, and your internet baking will usually tell you it can take 24-72 hours to process.

You received notification that the payment was received on monday 27/10 and the item was due to go on a courier 28/10 and you would have received it this morning 29/10. From when payment was received, until the scheduled delivery is 3 working days, well within our 3-5 working day policy.

Our refund policy is clearly defined on the website, which states the restocking fee, and that delivery fees are not refundable, which you obviously failed to read.
On goodwill we did not charge you a restocking fee.

Also for the record, this is the second time you have hassled us with cancelling your orders.

They are the facts, its not a matter of us not giving a s**t about our customers, sometimes its just a matter of the customers not being patient enough for delivery, then making a big noise about it when they cancel the order at the last minute.

Like you said above /THREAD
there is no more to discuss.

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

How the hell can you charge me for a courier that didnt even go to my house,Yes it does say the delivery fee is non refundable, but i had nothing delivered you idiot, so you could have rung him and cancelled it, you are just being a C**k and trying to prove a point.
Goodwill my a***.
You know why i cancelled my first order, because you took too long to deliver and hadnt even sent the part yet.
Anyone would think shiftkits.com is in america the length of time it takes to deliver in perth.
Im calling fair trading tomorrow and well go from there a***.
Im sure they would love to hear from me.

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

[quote]Refund Policy: Pentagon Computer Systems offer a 7 day money back refund (not including delivery costs) if the purchaser is not completely happy with the product. The purchaser is responsible for delivery costs of returning the item, at which stage they will be refunded for the initial list price of the item minus a 10% restocking fee. In the event that the item is deemed faulty the item will be replaced in conjunction with the warranty terms outlined above.[quote/]

Your refund policy does not include cancellation of orders nor does it stipulate what should happen in said event, you are making up your own rules to suit you and unfortunatley your made up rules dont match your policy.
:wink:

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:03 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Uhh you do realize that couriers need to be organized right? You don't just call them on the spot to get stuff delievered all the time. It's not an on the spot delivery.

Also as 66 coupe (I'm assuming he works there) bank transfer can take up to 3 working days depending what time money was transfered as well as public holidays and weekend. Since you made an order on a Wednesday, it cleared on a Friday, leaving 2 days of weekend, which would further have delayed delivery. Come Monday (after organizing courier and all that jazz) you cancelled on him, which in turn causes the courier to lose his possible payments, and thus the courier is now at a loss (at which he could have replaced if the appointment was cancelled earlier) and can demand a cancellation fee to cover his loss which in turns causes shifkits.com to lose money and thus gets cancellation fees from the customer.

So if you had in fact waited for Tuesday, you would have gotten your item of purchase rather then losing money to paper work.

phong =P~

EDIT: Hate to say it, but if it doesn't state in the policy Pentagon Computer Systems, you're pretty much at a losing battle here, unless you have a policy in fine print somewhere regarding cancellation fees.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 66 Coupe

WA, Australia

http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/ConsumerProt ... efund.html

Quote:
Your customers have no legal right to a remedy if they have simply changed their mind, or the item is an unwanted gift, or the wrong size etc. However, under such circumstances, if the salesperson agreed at the point of sale to give a refund if the item proved not suitable, this may become a ‘condition of sale' and they may insist on a refund.

http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/ConsumerProt ... _sale.html

Quote:
When you can't take things back

Businesses don't have to give you a refund, credit note etc. if:

* You changed your mind about keeping the goods;
* You found you could buy them cheaper elsewhere; or
* You saw the goods before you bought them and should have spotted any obvious faults.

The item was already paid for in full, and was due to be couriered to the buyer, the buyer then decided against wanting the item, and has received a refund for the FULL purchase price after he decided he did not want the item. What more do you want?

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Haha how can i take it back if i didnt get it, all your comebacks hinge on me actually receiving the goods and not wanting them.
Where in your terms and conditions does it mention cancellation of order before despatch, or cancellation fullstop.It doesnt.
What else do i want, i want my 15 delivery fee back and i will go through fair trading to get it.
I didnt sign for anything and i wont be paying a delivery fee for a shiftkit that hadnt even been picked up from your workshop yet, let alone actually be delivered to my house.
You said yourself that the shiftkit hadnt even been sent yet, so how do you justify a delivery fee?
The courier hadnt even picked it up yet, so how do you charge a courier delivery fee of 15.
I want proof that you paid the courier and proof of time he picked up the shiftkit, and proof that it was going to be delivered at my house.And if you had prepaid they could easily just credit your account for the cancelled con note.
I WANT PROOF because i know you are just trying to flex your muscles and prove a point.You cant make up refund policies to suit your moods sunshine.

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

What the hell are you going on about couriers picking up the shiftkit, i just looked at express platinum service and you are the one who puts the parcel in the postbox and the courier then delivers it to my house once the parcel reaches the mail centre from you.
So im gonna call your bluff and say you are full of s**t, a liar if you will.
A courier was never coming to pick the shiftkit up because they dont pick them up they only deliver from the australia post centre.
WTF
You must think im a real dumbass, i added up all your s**t and came up with tripe.

Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Wheres my proof?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next