Fordmods Logo

Should i get this XF ? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Should i get this XF ?
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:06 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: S2 TI R31

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, my old man is trying to sell me his XF. Its a 85 Carbie, has duel fuel and is still regoed (Well has expired but you can still reg it for another month). Cost is $400 and the catch... the head is gone (Cracked!). He has also offered me a 50% disscount for the rego :). I am really considering this as the car is in quite good condition and the fuel usage of my EA is quite horrible (20 lt's for 100k's =\) and is really taking the tole on me. Also keeping in mind my rego is due next month and will cost me $500 and my EA has a screwed Rad support / bonnet and a few scratches! I was thinking of Selling my XC and EA to fund the repairs / rego / mod's and come out with a nice Gas, clean, SEXY! car that isnt buggered and wont cost me a few $$. Not to mention its road worthy. Any thoughts ?

- mike

ps. It has adjustable rear shockers! :P

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:58 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

well i doubt your dad would screw you on a car. but the only benefit i can see is that its on gas. you got to remember that its more than 20 years old. so once you fix one thing, something else is probably going to go wrong.

does the xf still feel like its got some life left in it? like my old man has an xf ghia, and its only done 170clicks, but it feels worn out. its not the car it once was.

for 400 bucks you might aswell take the punt tho, probably better buying the car you know rather than someone elses problems.

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:23 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: S2 TI R31

VIC, Australia

Well it only has 200 thou odd k's in it and appart from the head its still full of life. The thing about my EA is the radiator support is kinda..... kinked in really badly and i dont want to do up a car thats gonna need some SERIOUS surgery. And if the motor dies i can allways throw a EL motor in cant i ;). I think im gonna wait a week (So i can get paid :D) then take up the offer!

- mike

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:34 am 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

if you like it go for it. always liked the xfs after i borrowed my dads for a year, lol i was probably the one that wore it out!

what model xf is it?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]