Fordmods Logo

SHOW US YA EXHAUST VIDEO CLIPS !! 

Page 5 of 8 [ 106 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: SHOW US YA EXHAUST VIDEO CLIPS !!
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

FoX n LTD wrote:
the only words were "no1 ever speaks of this again, it never happened"
lol

hahahahahaha thats gold :lol:

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

couldn't resist dropping in a video of my exhaust ... I know the vids on this post are sixes but mine at least used to be a six.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhVtmanWR3M

Built the system myself, super scabby, found a near new pair of Genie stainless mufflers at U-Pullit wreckers, paid a total of $26 !! Have a listen, sounds nice...

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
couldn't resist dropping in a video of my exhaust ... I know the vids on this post are sixes but mine at least used to be a six.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhVtmanWR3M

Built the system myself, super scabby, found a near new pair of Genie stainless mufflers at U-Pullit wreckers, paid a total of $26 !! Have a listen, sounds nice...

f**k that sounds nice! is that a big crackle i hear on deceleration?

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

OOO yeah it crackles like a maniac if you decelerate hard thru the gears, only does it slightly under normal driving - say if there's a cop behind you...it is really quiet if you drive it conservatively but nice and loud if you boot it....perfect really, and whole twin system cost in total with pipes, mufflers etc under $100 bucks...but lots of swearing and hacksaw blades.....but that sorta sums up the whole 6 to 8 conversion. Believe it or not, the whole conversion has actually not cost anything now, in fact if I can sell the old motor and the mags and a few other bits I'm into making a profit mode!! I started off with a rusted out Fairlane with 351 I got for $500, pulled everything I wanted out, then sold off what was left of the Fairlane for $500...

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FORD FALCON AU SRIES1

QLD, Australia

sounds good

yes i have a vagina!

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:52 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2001 Falcon series II

VIC, Australia

tearlejc wrote:

f**k hell!! finally a post that actually has something to do with my thread!!!!!! thanks mate.. sounds very nice too ;)

T e -- R e P L i C a :D

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

yeh, thought it was getting a bit off track when I read thru it....in fact so much so i've kinda forgotten how it started...but yeh if you're thinking of modifying your exhaust, you can do some or even all of it yourself - just on a later model, though, bear in mind there may be legality issues - if you have a cat converter, for example, leave it and modify back from there (cat back) - as long as you're not being illegal in this way, or more likely to attract the cops, as long as you're not too loud or low, you should be able to sneak under the radar...but yeh, might even be worth your while to look at wrecking yards...maybe an XR-6 or XR-8 exhaust? The Genie 304 stainless ones I scored were actually under a 308 HZ Kingswood wagon of all things! $26 for them and some pipe, can't go wrong. The only reason I went looking, besides being a scab by nature, was ringing around exhaust shops that quoted $750 - $1,000 for 2 inch, mild steel, non-mandrel bend twin system - sorry, that sounds like a ripoff in my book - and they were all saying similar prices...

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:40 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
yeh, thought it was getting a bit off track when I read thru it....in fact so much so i've kinda forgotten how it started...but yeh if you're thinking of modifying your exhaust, you can do some or even all of it yourself - just on a later model, though, bear in mind there may be legality issues - if you have a cat converter, for example, leave it and modify back from there (cat back) - as long as you're not being illegal in this way, or more likely to attract the cops, as long as you're not too loud or low, you should be able to sneak under the radar...but yeh, might even be worth your while to look at wrecking yards...maybe an XR-6 or XR-8 exhaust? The Genie 304 stainless ones I scored were actually under a 308 HZ Kingswood wagon of all things! $26 for them and some pipe, can't go wrong. The only reason I went looking, besides being a scab by nature, was ringing around exhaust shops that quoted $750 - $1,000 for 2 inch, mild steel, non-mandrel bend twin system - sorry, that sounds like a ripoff in my book - and they were all saying similar prices...

yea it was..got a bit heated lol but yeh back on track now and i axpect only clips of youe exhausts and normal discussions !!..neway yeh i agree ..im getting a centre chambered muffler and dropping the rear muffler(straight pipe(tail pipe) should sound good im getting it done sat..il post a vid when i do ;) thanks for the clip nd advice man appreciate it :)

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

cool, hope it all goes well - yeh put a clip up! Are chambered exhausts common on these? The last time I heard anyone mention a chambered exhaust was a guy I knew years ago had a Yenko Camaro, that had a full factory chambered exhaust - I reckon it sounded louder than open pipes! but jeez what a glorious sound...tell ya what, Yenko Camaro's are worth lotsa bucks these days...

Its funny my brother's just bought a 2004 XR 6 - should get a clip of his - really crazy thing is he's had it a month and we've been so busy I haven't even seen it yet, let alone heard it...but yeh I'll try and get a clip off him...

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
cool, hope it all goes well - yeh put a clip up! Are chambered exhausts common on these? The last time I heard anyone mention a chambered exhaust was a guy I knew years ago had a Yenko Camaro, that had a full factory chambered exhaust - I reckon it sounded louder than open pipes! but jeez what a glorious sound...tell ya what, Yenko Camaro's are worth lotsa bucks these days...

Its funny my brother's just bought a 2004 XR 6 - should get a clip of his - really crazy thing is he's had it a month and we've been so busy I haven't even seen it yet, let alone heard it...but yeh I'll try and get a clip off him...

thanks budd..yea i will as soon as i can :)..um im not sure i spoke to a mate of mine whos a mechanic and hes got the same syatem as what im gna get with the chambered muffler and it sounds pretty good..its very deep and has a unique sound rather than the usuall 6 tone..yea the camaros ive heard use the same set-up..what a beast they are :D anyway mate yeh post up a vid of his :D cheers ;)

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: DF LTD

VIC, Australia

i was pulled over in my red xf a while ago and the cops looked under,
though i was a goner but he only looked at the cat... didn't even notice the missing mufflers...
i was so lucky to get away with that...

heres some different stages of exhaust noises my cars have made:

XF stock: (sounded like crap)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NnkoQXuaVA

no mufflers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-012oEe-jX8

ZL turbo stock 2.5 exhaust: (from engine bay unfortunately)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTElw0iD ... re=related

short run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CN9hdjOt54

no exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPKBpphaGJc

new exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2M0jN5Q4mM

short thrash with new exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3YgCwOh1XY

and another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLpqAeaWBPc

there you go guys,
i know most of its just me throwing a car about, but they make some nice noises while doing so!

also, some of the videos might still be loading since i just uploaded most of em...

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

God that ZL sounds hell cammy in the one where its up on ramps....did you have like a really lumpy cam in that or what?

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: DF LTD

VIC, Australia

tearlejc wrote:
God that ZL sounds hell cammy in the one where its up on ramps....did you have like a really lumpy cam in that or what?

cheers for the comment, it was a decent cam but got replaced pretty fast,
did not suit the turbo at all,
after that she had a real nice smooth cam that was pretty close to the standard EFI cam but a bit more on the exhaust, she ran well after that

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:03 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1993 ED Falcon GLi

VIC, Australia

heres mine.. pacies 4480 and an auspac catback 2.5", centre muffler no rear resi

ED 4.0L auto... pacemaker PH4480, Aus Pac Catback exhaust, wade 1636 with j3 tune =130rwkw

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

yeh, big overlap cams and turbo's don't mix...

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 8  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next