Fordmods Logo

Slick 50 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Slick 50
Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII Ghia

Is Slick 50 as good as i have been told? cos i was told that when ya put it in it forms a layer on the surfaces which helps prevent wear.

i was also told that some people had an enigne idling without a sump as it had slick 50 but if they had of revved it it would have worn the slick 50 off. but i didnnt sound right the car running wothout a sump sounds stupid?

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

prob the idling with no sump was a "just in case u dumpt ur oil" in a bad situation... n was just a test to show that whatever that stuff is can save the engine from killing itself from oil starvation.. NOT FOR LONG I BET!!! no sump wouldnt be a permanent situation... just a test for the product...

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT Series 2

QLD, Australia

Yeah my old man swears by the stuff. He has an old land rover that he runs it in and it seems to have lasted for ever.

Stage 1 stereo install done. Pics in audio section.
Next step is probably a nice exhaust or stage 2 stereo.

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

My factory tickford duel fuel EF has used that stuff since I brought it brand new. the bores looked nice & shiny when I changed the head gasket to a AU 4 years ago, original head gasket broke down cause coolant ate a path to the oil gallery around cylinder 6.
It doesn't over heat apart from a bit of oil drops now & again. I guess it reduces friction, friction= heat.
After 160,000 k's still running like new.

I wouldn't be surprise if my AU Ute shows more wear then the EF.

You can call it "snake oil" if you wise but the duel fuel EF is enough proof for me.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Slightly off topic. But I use it in my Two stroke Trail Bike and 175hp Merc outboard. This was the spray stuff for two strokes. The revs went higher and quicker. I would be interested to hear of more people that have used the 4 stroke stuff in a car with 150k on the clock.

Post subject: Re: Slick 50
Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Au2 & EF

QLD, Australia

dsheps83 wrote:
Is Slick 50 as good as i have been told? cos i was told that when ya put it in it forms a layer on the surfaces which helps prevent wear.

i was also told that some people had an enigne idling without a sump as it had slick 50 but if they had of revved it it would have worn the slick 50 off. but i didnnt sound right the car running wothout a sump sounds stupid?

I have used it for years & swear by it! I tried others years ago & they were all crap except for Slick 50. They now even gurantee it, combined with regular oil changes. It lasts 80k & is a small price to pay for protection & piece of mind. :arrow: :wink:

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

dsheps83 wrote:

I have used it for years & swear by it! I tried others years ago & they were all crap except for Slick 50. They now even gurantee it, combined with regular oil changes. It lasts 80k & is a small price to pay for protection & piece of mind. :arrow: :wink:

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:37 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

dsheps83 wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]