Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

downingj wrote:
Steady ED wrote:
What did any of those cars feel like through corners?
Can't say I've driven the later model commodore stuff, would be interested to hear.

Fifty bucks says you won't get this (valid) question answered...

Hmmm well its a hard one. They corner well for a big car. I think the steering is way tooo heavy for a 2003 model (i drove the VY). But i can really get it going in the corners. But comapred to the EF i think its a little bit better BUT im comparing a 3 year old car to a 11 year old car so IMO its s**t. I would love to take a BA XT and both XR's for a spin.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

smiley235 wrote:
YTMONT wrote:
downingj wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
EB V8 wrote:
auute6 wrote:
f6 typhoon is quicker than ls2 driven both i know boost and n/a hard to compare but it is definatly quicker

Thats definately not true. Ive driven both and the Ls2 is quicker. fair bit quicker. Im talking both bog stock cars.

it's comments like that, that make you look stupid.

the F6 is the fastest production made in austraila. it's been proven already

Ummmm, I probably shouldn't be mentioning this, but isn't the LS1 HSV GTS the fastest production car in Aus with it's 0-100 in 5.1 and 0-400 in the low 13 second bracket, as well as a top wack of around 275???

Yeah you're right, they ran a 13.3 IIRC, and the typhoons runs about a 13.7.
I was talking current production models, and so was EBV8, the LS2 has not been delivered in a form quicker than the f6, but i'm pretty sure it'd be capable easily.

In that case, time to bump up the boost :)

What i love is the Six Pack charger held the title as 'Australia's Fastest Accelerating Production Car Built In Australia' 26 years it had that title. Then they built the F6 Typhoon. Tranny problems stoped it ($2 plastic part in the tranny). Then they came back out and are still kicking the s**t out of those commodores. What is it like owning a holden (lets say GEN III manual) and knowing that a I6 turbo eats it STOCK.

You can also get that ECU which i cant remember the name right now but an increase from 280nm to 360 WITH A CHIP.

Holden may say that they are faster but they arnt built in australia. HAHAHA they are box motors straight from GM factory.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

stomper stomper stomper.
Did you not read the post before about a stock LS1 GTS running a low 13 stock? The typhoon can do this, but only really freaks...
And it's not necessarily a fair comparison putting a 6 speed manual vs a six speed auto... comparing manual to manual the HSV's win all the time.
And a typhoon has 550nm stock so i dunno what you are talking about with your edit figures.

Big deal if the LS2 ain't built here? It's still in an australian car, you can't say fords range is all aussie, given the 6 speed is a german transmission.

So basically you are saying haha holden your american engine doesn't beat our german transmission so you are unaustralian. Pfft. Mindless commodore bagging, wouldn't expect anything more from a 16 year old.

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

YTMONT wrote:
Mindless commodore bagging, wouldn't expect anything more from a 16 year old.

Yeah, have to say Stomper, that your calls of "I can really get it flowing through the corners....." and the like are pretty funny coming from a bloke of your age and I would guess, limited driving experience...........

Not meaning to bag you out dude, but what are you basing these experiences on?

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

philaddis wrote:
YTMONT wrote:
Mindless commodore bagging, wouldn't expect anything more from a 16 year old.

Yeah, have to say Stomper, that your calls of "I can really get it flowing through the corners....." and the like are pretty funny coming from a bloke of your age and I would guess, limited driving experience...........

Not meaning to bag you out dude, but what are you basing these experiences on?

rides in the car with his grandma driving :?

i love it how people argue over which car is better stock when obviously they're going to modify them...

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4