Some AU Motor Questions 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Some AU Motor Questions
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:27 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Lot depends on the condition of the box, age, KM, How its been looked after. Also don't forget your diff.

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

im going for a 3.45LSD XR6 borgwarner it should handle it really easily

i dont mind the snort performance eaton supercharger m112 kit that maxes at 250KW would this work with stock rods etc ?
should i bother with a AU conversion or would a EF motor suit just fine ?
and how would the stock 4spd go with that power ? assuming good well looked after condition ?

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

If you dont drive it flat out everywhere every day it should be ok for 250kw for a while , shift kits can reduce wear by changing the gears quicker giving less slip so id be doing that

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

would a EF motor handle 250KW or would i need forged pistons and rods etc ?
how would the bottom end handle it to ? i know the EF bottom end isnt as strong as the AU

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:08 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Fordsrule174 wrote:
how would the bottom end handle it to ? i know the EF bottom end isnt as strong as the AU

actually in a way the ef bottom end is stronger than au, as in the ef rods are shorter and can handle more boost.. there are a couple of ef's that are making over 300rwkw on std bottom ends, i think axeman83 is getting 330+rwkw? on a std ef crank and rods..
the au is a better n/a engine, better balancing, higher compression and a more ridged crank/sump design..
if i was going to build an engine specifically for boost, i would use the au bottom end with aftermarket rods and pistons.
but a std au engine can still handle a bit.. look at it this way the ba bottom end(crank and rods) is pretty much the same design as the au..
im getting 265rwkw out of a std au engine putting 12 psi into it, dansedgli is getting 280rwkw from his std au engine at around 15psi?..

it all comes down to the condition of the engine and more importantly its the tune that will give it the reliability..

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Search ffs. AU bottom ends arent stronger than ef/el when under boost - rods are weaker.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

TROYMAN wrote:
Fordsrule174 wrote:

actually in a way the ef bottom end is stronger than au, as in the ef rods are shorter and can handle more boost.. there are a couple of ef's that are making over 300rwkw on std bottom ends, i think axeman83 is getting 330+rwkw? on a std ef crank and rods..
the au is a better n/a engine, better balancing, higher compression and a more ridged crank/sump design..
if i was going to build an engine specifically for boost, i would use the au bottom end with aftermarket rods and pistons.
but a std au engine can still handle a bit.. look at it this way the ba bottom end(crank and rods) is pretty much the same design as the au..
im getting 265rwkw out of a std au engine putting 12 psi into it, dansedgli is getting 280rwkw from his std au engine at around 15psi?..

it all comes down to the condition of the engine and more importantly its the tune that will give it the reliability..

thanks for clearing that up troyman :) everywere i searched i couldnt get that sorta info

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2