Fordmods Logo

Some Quick Questions 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Some Quick Questions
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:39 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: S2 TI R31

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, i got givern a car the other week (91 EA Wagon) and since i will be getting liscence next month (Only had my L's for 5 months now :oops:) i've started looking into some performance "Enhancements" since i didnt have to buy the car and it is in good health (New Motor, gearbox, power stearing, brakes, ect) :D. I have tryed searching (first 20 Pages) and haven't found my answers so here goes!

1) Extractors. TOOOOO many to choose from. Since im upgrading my exhaust aswell these play a important part aswell. So what type, how much and where! :wink: ( < $400 ?)
2) Exhaust. Same as above, what brand and where ? ( < $300 ?)
3) Air intake. Since my car does not have an airbox i was looking into purchasing one or simply making one. Is it worth making one ? Could i just get a new snortel front thingo and a new filter with a higher flow rate ? (once again, cost and where ?)
4) Fitting it not REALLY nesasary as i need to learn. It isnt that hard is it ? LOL

Keeping in mind that i am also looking at doing further mods (Cam, heads ect) so thes parts should be ablt to handle the extra power these mods will bring. Thanks alot!!

MIKE!

ps. I live in Melbourne (Menzies Creek! :shock:).

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

1) for under $400 i would be looking at pacmaker 4499's i think the non-competition ones
2) opinions vary on exhausts red backs are a popular choice but have quality issues, speak to ure local exhaust shop
3) if your car doesn't have an airbox im assuming it has a tennis raquet so its a cfi motor, if this is the case look into doing the BBM mod and converting car to MPFI (multi point fuel injected) big job prob will give most power improvement tho can be done without massive costs.
4)get an exhaust shop to do ure exhaust they no what they are doing have all the tools and they dont charge an arm and a leg most likly.

anything else give it ago ureself cam changing is not to hard but set ure self up with a decent exhaust first.

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:12 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the info! How much would the BBM mod cost ? Does anyone know a good exhaust shop in melbourne that wont over charge me ? :wink: Thanks alot!

- MIKE

Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Try K-mart i hear they do good work

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:26 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the info guys. I was talking to a mate that is quite good with cars and he said to make sure the bolt patterns on the extractors match the exhaust becuase we don't have a welder. So... would they match up if they where both for a EA ? Thanks!

- MIKE

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

uh, you will find that the std cat wont line up with pacies, or any aftermarket extractor, because they are a tuned length, and the std one ends pretty much as soon as it comes out of the head, so exhaust shops cut the std pipe and weld a 2.5" flange onto it because the headers are 2.5" instead of 2" but if you can do this urself .... good luck :P as far as i can see tho might as well let the guys do it there, they kno what they are doin n dont cost an arm and a leg

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:48 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Ahhhhhh ok. Anyone know what the going rate for exhaust and extractor instalation is nowadays ? :)

- MIKE

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

depends what your after most exhaust shops fit for about $100

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]