some ..... um..... issues 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: some ..... um..... issues
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1994 Ford EF Fairmont Ghia Sedan

VIC, Australia

*UPDATE*

Ok just did another check over everything a fixed up the wires that we just twisted together so that they now make a solid connection. Checked levels.

Oil level ok but was blacker than the ace of spade :shock: really weird since i had to top it up the other day and it looked like it was normal :?

Checked the coolant and level was ok but it was all filled with foamy s**t. :evil: filled it up and overfilled it to get rid of the foam that was in there. After about 5 or 10 mins of idling, the foam did not return. Checked the temp gauge and was sitting on around 43 :? ok so with the cap off, i gave it a rev and the coolant flushed through like the termostat was open :evil: damn D***H***S had removed the thermostat, but anyways the foam was coming from the engine so it look like a head gasket :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

1994 ford fairmont ghia - Currently 302 with T5 - Work in progress :P

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

And another problem today that sort of fixed up one of my other problems :roll:

Well anyways, i put the auto slushbox into D and as per usual no guts, so i moved down to 1st. Now anyone with a slushbox knows that it cannot go straight into 1st without pushing the button, well i forgot to push the button and it was in 1st :shock:

mmmm not right. So when i got to work, i investigated. Yep the little pin that is under the slushbox surround in the car has broken. This is the one that runs in the "guide" for the gears :evil:

Well anyways, that has solved my problem of it not starting 8-) looks like the linkages are out :roll:

So onto my next delima. I can get a hold of a donor AU1 mont. Do i just change the motor and box over? and then how far do i go? do i change the ECU and fuel rails etc etc. OR do i try and get this slushbox working properly and the engine working properly? :?

Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok i think due to the issues that the car is facing at the moment, there will one of 2 things in the coming weeks. Either we are going to use the ending and tranny out of an AU that we have that we recently acquired or else i will go to the auctions and pick a damaged car. If i go for the later, keep an eye out as there may well be some things in the for sale forum 8-)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2