spark plug change ba 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: spark plug change ba
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:09 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ba ford 03

QLD, Australia

hi everyone wats the best brand plugs and price,gap size,part number do u all recomend to use on my ba and any tips to make the job fast and easy.standard fuel non turbo 03 ba.thanks

Post subject: Re: spark plug change ba
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:58 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2007 BF MKII XR6

QLD, Australia

I was going to purchase the following from Evilbay -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-BA-Falc ... 3ccaeaf893

Not sure if they are the best but I guess we will see, someone else may know some better plugs...

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Look up the car on the Denso catalog and buy that part number.
Next best option is NGK

Next best after that is, there is no next best after that.

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
Next best option is NGK

+100000

Blue blooded.

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

are bosch iridium triple conducter plugs any good Brad? I know the three conductor thing comes from the old boys indexing plugs but wasn't sure about the iridium.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

People don't know how to read the little catalog that has all the part numbers and such at Supercr*p?

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TheKrazeD wrote:
People don't know how to read the little catalog that has all the part numbers and such at Supercr*p?

Like I said in an other thread, most people these days can't even take a s**t with out asking the internet for advice first.

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ba ford 03

QLD, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
TheKrazeD wrote:

Like I said in an other thread, most people these days can't even take a s**t with out asking the internet for advice first.

i thought this was the whole idea of this site for friendly advice you d***head and the little catalogue doesnt tell you how good the f**k part is f**k head if you dont have any advice dont stick your nose in or it may be taken off.thanx to everyone who isn't a know it all f**k

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

It isn't hard mate, Ford did all the hard work for you and spec'ed out a plug and then all the plug manufacturers put a listing for it in their catalogs.
You won't make any noticeable increase in anything by trying to second guess the vehicle manufacturer. For all I care you can waste all the money you like on 'special plugs', but it won't make knobs of goat s**t difference.

So I quote the advice I gave you. If you look it was the second reply to your question and I told you the two best brands you can buy, I know this due to over 10 years experience, combined with the huge number of years of experience of all the people I've had the privilege of working with over those years.

tickford_6 wrote:
Next best option is NGK

Since you like to carry on like that, When I see you ask a question that really does deserve a full detailed answer, I just won't answer, I'll leave it up to the people who's most useful tool in their toolbox is google and who have no experience beyond owning a falcon and making a few basic repairs on the footpath in front of their house. They can throw guesses at you all day long and you can, just like them, stumble upon the cause of the problem and fix by accident and then pretend to to the internet world that you know what you're doing.

OR
You can pull your head out of your a*** and recognize good advice when you see it.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
It isn't hard mate, Ford did all the hard work for you and spec'ed out a plug and then all the plug manufacturers put a listing for it in their catalogs.
You won't make any noticeable increase in anything by trying to second guess the vehicle manufacturer. For all I care you can waste all the money you like on 'special plugs', but it won't make knobs of goat s**t difference.

So I quote the advice I gave you. If you look it was the second reply to your question and I told you the two best brands you can buy, I know this due to over 10 years experience, combined with the huge number of years of experience of all the people I've had the privilege of working with over those years.

tickford_6 wrote:
Next best option is NGK

Since you like to carry on like that, When I see you ask a question that really does deserve a full detailed answer, I just won't answer, I'll leave it up to the people who's most useful tool in their
toolbox is google and who have no experience beyond owning a falcon and making a few basic repairs on the footpath in front of their house. They can throw guesses at you all day long and you can, just like them, stumble upon the cause of the problem and fix by accident and then pretend to to the internet world that you know what you're doing.

OR
You can pull your head out of your a*** and recognize good advice when you see it.

So you think that you should use the plugs that ford recommend, you so crazy.
Don't worry I'll offer this muppet some advice - don't bite the hand that feeds, know you're place and take a breather, it's just the Internet.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:11 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 1991 eb1 fairmont

QLD, Australia

tickford_6 is a mechanic with years of experience, he answered the question based on professional experience, what you choose to do with that information is up to you but how often do you get free advice from an experienced mechanic who takes time to assist others like yourself.
i bought a 1967 cortina in 1994 with the original ford specified autolite plugs still fitted, i then put new plugs in (champions from memory) when they failed as they were crap i cleaned and re-gapped the original autolites and re-fitted them. they were in the car until the day i sold it 3 years later.

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

rosco0434 wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
TheKrazeD wrote:

i thought this was the whole idea of this site for friendly advice you d***head and the little catalogue doesnt tell you how good the f**k part is f**k head if you dont have any advice dont stick your nose in or it may be taken off.thanx to everyone who isn't a know it all f**k

I lol'd.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]