Fordmods Logo

Split Hose what does it do? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

mate its a heater hose. its a rubber 1 and its bout 6 inch long and its a prick... well im pretty sure im talkin bout the same 1. i did it on my el. it comes off the end of a steel hose and it connects to a steel hose again. if u get under the car ull c it

EL XR6, 5 Speed Manual, Extractors, Exhaust, 3" Intake, EL GT Intake, Alpine sound system,lowered, 136rwkw.. to come.. another sub and boot install

Post subject: Re: Split Hose what does it do?
Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:18 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH Ute

WA, Australia

[SXC3A] wrote:
Hey guys, just got home from work today and found that i split a hose in the falcoon's engine bay. Its right under the intake manifold, anyone know what this hose is called and more importantly how much it costs to replace and how hard it is to replace?

Looks like its coming off the thermostat.

I just did the one on my XH i6 ... It was a small hose about 500 long.It was sort of like a bypass hose under the inlet.Fitted to a small metal pipe that went to under the thermostat, and at the other end to the heater hose near where the dip stick pokes through. Real b to cahange. Took the fuel rail and injectors off which made it a bit easier. It had those spring clip style hose clips on it and i bought a pair of special long nose type pliers to get Them on/off. As someone else said... DO IT WHEN THE MOTORS COLD !!

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

xhute0 wrote:
No need for pics. It's the coolant line to the back of the waterpump. Not too bad to replace but it isn't hose it is actually steel tubing. Worth the expense of getting a new one from Ford. If it doesn't come with the o-ring that goes in the back of the water pump get one of those too. Not worth the time of f**k around with the old one. 8-)

No its not! if its the pipe off the lower thermostat housing then it connects to a short hose then into the heater tap. Then from the heater tap to the heater core.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

boy i love some peoples ability to read before posting, or should i say lack of. in the first post it clearly states its on the intake side and yet there are replies telling him its a heater pipe behind the water pump. what the... only took about 8 goes to get it right.

not too bad to replace mate. drive it up on ramps or jack it up. sometimes easier to remove front wheel as well and once you've supported it on some stands, crawl under and you should see what you need to do by having a look around. might even pay to undo the top clamp from above before you get under. it will dump all its coolant so do it over a container or drain or something. good luck

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH Ute

WA, Australia

prydey wrote:
boy i love some peoples ability to read before posting, or should i say lack of. in the first post it clearly states its on the intake side and yet there are replies telling him its a heater pipe behind the water pump. what the... only took about 8 goes to get it right.

not too bad to replace mate. drive it up on ramps or jack it up. sometimes easier to remove front wheel as well and once you've supported it on some stands, crawl under and you should see what you need to do by having a look around. might even pay to undo the top clamp from above before you get under. it will dump all its coolant so do it over a container or drain or something. good luck

Hmmm. Wish you were around when i just changed this hose. Tried from underneath and couldn't get near it. Maybe the XH i6 is different.

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

xh's will be different. eb's don't have broadband manifold.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2