Fordmods Logo

Stupid question time, sorry! Oz 250 pre-crossflow vs US 250 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Stupid question time, sorry! Oz 250 pre-crossflow vs US 250
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford XA

VIC, Australia

I am sorry if this question is both stupid & been answered (Many times) before but I need to be absolutely sure before I start ordering parts for my son's XA 250 2V.

Are all the internals the same for our pre crossflow 250 as the US 250? I am reasonably sure they are and they have more cam profiles, piston selections etc. & are cheaper than here. While we're on it do our pre crossflow 250's & the Xflow 4.1 run the same pistons & bottom end? The block & cam are different and the head goes without saying but the crank, rods, bearings, pistons, timing set etc. are the same ???? I read somewhere the dizzy's are different. Cam gear?????

Most things I will buy locally but their cams are way cheaper than here.

On a different note what is the whole 200 rods in a 250 about? I realise the rods are longer but what is the advantage? I notice you need to run special pistons (Less piston deck height??). Is this about change the angle of the rod when on the power stroke. Also 255 ci pistons in 250's. Wouldn't they just be 60 thou over?

Lastly what is the best head cc (2V) & block deck height to run with a 274 duration (Advertised) 110 degree about 450 thou lift cam. Running on premium.

Once again sorry if all these have been ask & would be happy with links to previous threads but I did have a good look here & other sites & found some to be contradictary, but then who's to say this one wont be??

Post subject: Re: Stupid question time, sorry! Oz 250 pre-crossflow vs US 250
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Head over to fordsix.com. There's a few guys that have imported Aus gear to fit to the US engines.
They will know what fits and what doesn't.

The 200 rod thing is a benefit as the angle of the rod is reduced, which reduces side loads on the pistons. It also increases dwell at TDC.
To use 200 rods in a 250 you need to use short pistons. ACL used to sell these.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]