Fordmods Logo

sugguestions for more accl. in EB II ? 

Page 2 of 4 [ 46 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: sugguestions for more accl. in EB II ?
Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

yea mate ive got the eb and put the ea tube on the throttle ( cheap way to put my pod on)
goes straight on, got the el manifold too to be put on, you need a few bits its all bolt on tho and a few wires.. its in this thread http://www.fordmods.com/fordmods-technical-documents-diy-f38/troymans-au-engine-into-ea-conversion-using-el-ecu-updated-t40806.html

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 93 eb2 falcon

QLD, Australia

Troy wrote:
yea mate ive got the eb and put the ea tube on the throttle ( cheap way to put my pod on)
goes straight on, got the el manifold too to be put on, you need a few bits its all bolt on tho and a few wires.. its in this thread http://www.fordmods.com/fordmods-technical-documents-diy-f38/troymans-au-engine-into-ea-conversion-using-el-ecu-updated-t40806.html

nice work mate, dont spose you can fix the pics so i can see them?

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

its not my thread lol...would be nice

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

I have done the EL BBM manifold conversion recently. There are some pics and info in my build thread.

This is a highly recommended mod, and it increases the low down grunt substantially.

You need the manifold, associated BBM Vacuum solenoid and piping, air box and intake piping, EL metal heater pipes, including the one from the back of the water pump, and EL heater hoses. Oh, and you have to use and EL ECU to trigger the switching of the manifold.

It is also recommended to convert to the Single Belt serpentine setup, although not completely necessary.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

BenJ wrote:
I have done the EL BBM manifold conversion recently. There are some pics and info in my build thread.

great thanks mate! will definitely check it out.

can anyone tell me what the difference is between a normal EL ecu and the police ecu? is it worth spending the extra for the police one?

thanks

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:07 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

87SIlude wrote:
check your accl cable opens the tb fully.

quoted for truth. do the basic stuff first. this is really common.

vote for pedro ? f**k pedro, f**k him up his stupid a***hole.

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:21 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

maybe check your advance? the computer only has a small say in timing (a few degrees advance or retarding). if your timing is too retarded it will bog down a heap on take off. also as everyones said check your getting WOT.

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:49 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

throtte body is opening fully, i had a full service done in july,only thing they didnt do was clean out the injectors, the main reason i ask about the police ecu is ive just brought a EL thermo fan and will need a ecu to go in at the same time! ill get some pics up when i find the cable for the bloody camera haha!

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:53 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

p****d'N'broke wrote:
maybe check your advance? the computer only has a small say in timing (a few degrees advance or retarding). if your timing is too retarded it will bog down a heap on take off. also as everyones said check your getting WOT.

This is a good idea. I have done the same trick with my EB. Advanced the timing slightly and i run it premium fuel. Along with that i chucked in a K&N and sports exhaust. It makes a difference and is cheap to do. Good old Kermit leaves many people surprised. :mrgreen:

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:15 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

its not a simple thing to just "clean out the injectors" basically they remove them and replace little filters im them and do flow and spray tests to see how effiecent they are. can cost a few bucks, or get on ebay and buy a new set and save your cash of getting them tested cos they might say you need to replace them anyway...

also checking the timing isnt your 'done every service' kinda thing. would have it looked at and optimised

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1991 Ford Falcon EB 1 Wagon

VIC, Australia

Hi there i fitted a BBM to my EB-I wagon. It was center point so it took me a while to nut it out. While fairly straight forward there are a lot of little things to consider I.E the computer, looms, knock sessor, smart lock module etc etc but was the best thing i have done so much more power

Falcon EB 1 wagon, ported/polished/cc'd head. K-line valve guide. 3-angle valve grind. Extractors. Hi-flow cat. 2 1/2 mandrel bend exhaust. re-built motor with ACL parts. Roll Master timing Kit. Manual conversion. Lowered 3in. Full Spooled Diff. Broad Band Manifold conversion. Stage 3 Crow Cam.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

p****d'N'broke wrote:

ill have a look at the timing in the morning i wouldnt think that its too far out! what do you mean by WOT? fully open throttle?

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:06 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

yeh WOT - wide open throttle.

check another thread about what advance people rekon is the best for your model and for what petrol you run etc and check how far you are out, a few degrees more advance and you could be laughin.

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:13 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

p****d'N'broke wrote:
yeh WOT - wide open throttle.

check another thread about what advance people rekon is the best for your model and for what petrol you run etc and check how far you are out, a few degrees more advance and you could be laughin.

yeah thanks mate i will read up no some more threads about advance, i try to only run premium!
does anyone know of a good advance/retard how to/ suggestion thread? ive searched about but havent realy found anything that helped!

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:53 pm 
Smokin em up

ACT, Australia

i think base advance for an ED is 10degrees before TDC. should be about the same for urs. if you run premium you migth be able to advance it to 11-12 maybe? basically get a timing light hooked up and there will be a notch on the harmonic balancer and something on the block to line it up with 9basically for most cars, not a 100% sure for ebII. then if you back off the bolt at the base of the dizzy you can make very small twisting movements with the dizzy back or forth to see how it affects the timing. hard to explain in text, pi$$ easy to do

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next