supercharged Fg xr6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: supercharged Fg xr6
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: MK2 FG XR6T UTE - SILHOUETTE.

QLD, Australia

hey guys. Just want some input on this topic its been flogged to death i know but i wanna gear from supercharged xr6 owners ba and bf mostly. Any info is great. As people are starting to finally charge Fg xr6s im moving more seriously towards it im set on s.charging so please no responses saying trade in for a turbo bla bla i dont wanna gear the turbo v s.charger Bs. Just curious to know what people think is a realistic expectation power wise, charging an Orion motor most shops that offer these services that i have spoken to seen to be confident with getting up to 280rwkw but i wanna level it at 300rwkw. Doable? With stock internals? Please help me out boys and gals. Cheers! Chris.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO
Stage 4 Atomic Cams,Full 2.5" XFORCE Exhaust (Headers + Hi Flow Cat + Catback)
Powerbond 20% Underdrives,Growler Cold Air Intake
Full Custom Tune (Xcal 3) - 170RWKW.

Post subject: Re: supercharged Fg xr6
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Pushing it to hope for 300rwkw for super-charged. But then again, the 195's are a very powerful engine, and they have barely even been opened to their full potential yet. Good luck mate. Hopefully you pull some decent numbs with a SC.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2010 Nitro Blue FG

VIC, Australia

Doable on stock internals; definitely. But limited to around the 290KW before your have to start messing around internally. Only thing that MAY not hold up is the gearbox. The 6 Speed should be alright but the 5 speed is a bit of clunker and may need strengthening to cope with the power increase.

I assume you'd be looking at increased injectors, fuel pump, different box etc to maximize performance instead of just "bolting on" the supercharger by itself?

The boogieman checks under his bed for chuck norris

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:38 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

andrewsfutura wrote:
Doable on stock internals; definitely. But limited to around the 290KW before your have to start messing around internally. Only thing that MAY not hold up is the gearbox. The 6 Speed should be alright but the 5 speed is a bit of clunker and may need strengthening to cope with the power increase.

I assume you'd be looking at increased injectors, fuel pump, different box etc to maximize performance instead of just "bolting on" the supercharger by itself?

yeah cheers mate def be getting the latter options you mentioned however was hoping not to have to strengthen the gear box As i have the zf 6 speed. But if it needs to be done it will get done As i def wanna do this right the first time. At the moment i think i will be enlisting the bullet cars team for the work As i want a nice efficient rotrex setup intercooled but need info so i know what i need to tell them that i want As it will be the first Fg they have done. Cheers guys. Keep the info coming.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:45 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

oh and also am currently saving for a few supporting mods like a true trac and full exhaust. Help needed with the exhaust cant find anyone who does the Fg Ute in stainless yet i have checked all the major websites like x force and redback etc. Have the headers picked out im thinking pacemaker 4495s. Bullet seems to be pretty reasonable in price for an intercooled setup supplied installed and tuned im looking at between 11 and 12g im told. Cheers.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: FG 50th Anni G6E Turbo

VIC, Australia

obie89 wrote:
andrewsfutura wrote:

yeah cheers mate def be getting the latter options you mentioned however was hoping not to have to strengthen the gear box As i have the zf 6 speed. But if it needs to be done it will get done As i def wanna do this right the first time. At the moment i think i will be enlisting the bullet cars team for the work As i want a nice efficient rotrex setup intercooled but need info so i know what i need to tell them that i want As it will be the first Fg they have done. Cheers guys. Keep the info coming.

If you have to tell your tuner / mechanical team what needs to be done, something isnt right.

If you arent going to do it yourself, i'd be finding a shop that has done them before and knows the ins and outs of the setup, and the ins and outs of the tune.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:10 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

DoddEA wrote:
obie89 wrote:
andrewsfutura wrote:

If you have to tell your tuner / mechanical team what needs to be done, something isnt right.

Not many workshops have done fg 6s yet s.c them i mean but this workshop has done plenty of ba bfs when i said i need to be able to tell them what i want out of it i meant i dont know what i want out of it yet sorry didnt word it too well all i know is i want as close to 300rwkw as i can get with reliability was just wondering if there is anything in particular the guys are noticing on the ba bfs that are supercharged out there so i can make sure particular attention is paid to it on my fg or whether it even applies to the fg sixes is all. I know the basics as im passionate about fords but im def not a performance engineer lol thats where you more experienced guys come in. Thanks guys please keep the replies coming. This is where im getting the work done- bullet cars at yatala queensland google em they are well known here. Cheers.

If you arent going to do it yourself, i'd be finding a shop that has done them before and knows the ins and outs of the setup, and the ins and outs of the tune.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

DoddEA wrote:
obie89 wrote:
andrewsfutura wrote:

Not many workshops have done fg 6s yet s.c them i mean but this workshop has done plenty of ba bfs when i said i need to be able to tell them what i want out of it i meant i dont know what i want out of it yet sorry didnt word it too well all i know is i want as close to 300rwkw as i can get with reliability was just wondering if there is anything in particular the guys are noticing on the ba bfs that are supercharged out there so i can make sure particular attention is paid to it on my fg or whether it even applies to the fg sixes is all. I know the basics as im passionate about fords but im def not a performance engineer lol thats where you more experienced guys come in. Thanks guys please keep the replies coming. This is where im getting the work done- bullet cars at yatala queensland google em they are well known here. Cheers.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: fg xr6 ute.

VIC, Australia

hey mate have you got the car s/c'd yet?

2010 viper fg 50th anniversary ute,king springs coil front and leaf rear.1" blocks in rear.Bluepower tune&air box,difillipo2.5"quad exhaust system fibresports rear bar.Shaker.custom sound system http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367771

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Rotrex are a very good centri, given the right combo I can't see why you wont go close. Its all about matching everything up to be optimised, ie pulley wheel, fuel supply, breathability, tune etc.

enough isn't enough

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]