Fordmods Logo

Suspended license - What mods should i do to my car? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Suspended license - What mods should i do to my car?
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 05 Ford Falcon XR6 BA MkII

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
they cant see inside the engine nor can they see the tune loaded to the ecu,extractors turbo supercharger nos etc however can be seen lol

If they suspect otherwise though cant they force me to take it to a police mechanic?

bry40l wrote:
the way i see it you probably dont have long before your off your p's so dont push your luck and leave it stock until after you get your full licence, i however havent bothered to get my greens so im still on my reds, i also lost my licence which mucked it up a little

Yea that would probably be the best way to go. if im caught they will make me take it all out will they?

Mr Pride And Joy ^_^

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

how about do some mod's that aren't to do with performance....here in nz theres no law on power, what ever licence your on. maybe a bad thing?

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

it doesnt bother me with power because i dont go over the top with ricing my car up any more, i just want it to handle and go a little better than stock, altho i may get carryed away lol. i havent been deliberatly pulled up for a very very long time, at least 8 monts to a year, only 1 breath test and they pulled every car up that went down that road so i dont have a lot to worry about

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

MrJP wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
Naws..

Really? Big brake upgrade. Flash tune. Penthouse mag in the glove box, tissue dispenser now has a use.

For the brake upgrade what brand would you recommend? And what products? Wouldnt happen to have an idea on how much btw?

eb5l92 wrote:
being on your green p's you can still drive a turbo

Im not allowed. It says on my license.
Whats better a turbo or supercharger? Cause i think i want the supercharger cause ive heard about the lag that the turbo has an i got told superchargers sound more beastly? this true?

turbo does have lag, supercharger wont, well not as much if any but charger will use more petrol

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

i've been pulled once in 3 yrs, but i'm not a teen lol

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:01 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Ford Falcon FG F6

WA, Australia

To be honest with you can probably go with extractors and and full exhaust system as they don't increase horsepower but only increase performance/ drive ability. The advantages of having these two mods allows the engine to be at its full potential creating the same power as sock but not nearly as restrictive as stock exhaust, it just allow the engine to breath much better. Mods that increase power are turbos, superchargers and cams etc.

08 FG F6 #326. 4" Xforce exhaust turbo back with mid muffler delete, 1000cc injectors, 20% Underdrives, Stage 2 intercooler and piping, Stage 2 gear box, Upgraded flex plate, upgraded transcooler, upgraded fuel pump, Streetfighter air intake, cooler thermostate, SCT tune at 20psi at 406rwkw

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Chargd wrote:
MrJP wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
Naws..

Really? Big brake upgrade. Flash tune. Penthouse mag in the glove box, tissue dispenser now has a use.

For the brake upgrade what brand would you recommend? And what products? Wouldnt happen to have an idea on how much btw?

eb5l92 wrote:

Whats better a turbo or supercharger? Cause i think i want the supercharger cause ive heard about the lag that the turbo has an i got told superchargers sound more beastly? this true?

turbo does have lag, supercharger wont, well not as much if any but charger will use more petrol
i was just trying to find a thread i was reading the other day to prove you wrong there, a supercharger(not all but i think most of them) builds boost all the way to redline, so if you have a 10 psi pulley on a suercharger(not sure which type) it will produce a few psi every couple thousand rpm all the way until redline where it will produce the 10 psi maximum, but a turbo with a 10 psi boost setting will produce 10 psi at say 3000 rpm, and hold 10 psi all the way to as far as the turbo wants to produce the boost, the smaller the turbo the lower the rpm it will produce the boost, but it will also drop off higher in the revs, so say i had a small turbo and a biger turbo on the same engine and the small turbo was producing full 10 psi boost at 1200 rpm all the way to say 3200 rpm, then i had another turbo big enough to have say 10 pound of boost at 3400 rpm, well than i have 10 psi of boost almost all the way from just over idle all the way to the redline
but at the end of the day that supercharger is only building boost as the engine revs more and more and will only have 10 psi at the very high side of the revs
now if im wrong or if anyone wants to ad aNything to that go ahead
LET THE FLAMING BEGIN :D

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

chris sieclay wrote:
ok its official, P platers waiting for a full license should masturbate furiously until they can install some form of forced induction.

+1
hahahahahahaha
This is going in my signature,

Blue blooded.

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
wild-el wrote:
why does being on your p's hold you back from doing work to the motor??

go get a decent aftermarket cam
stronger valve springs
shave the head
extractors and high flow cat
full exhuast
if its auto high stall and shiftkit
change diff gears
and flash tune.

the only mod there that a copper might pick on you for as being after market is the extractors and maybe the exhuast and everything else cant be seen :)

cheers daniel

Find the rotor button first :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahaha all good mate :D i found it........was under the couch :wink:

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:17 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
Chargd wrote:
MrJP wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
Naws..

eb5l92 wrote:

i was just trying to find a thread i was reading the other day to prove you wrong there, a supercharger(not all but i think most of them) builds boost all the way to redline, so if you have a 10 psi pulley on a suercharger(not sure which type) it will produce a few psi every couple thousand rpm all the way until redline where it will produce the 10 psi maximum, but a turbo with a 10 psi boost setting will produce 10 psi at say 3000 rpm, and hold 10 psi all the way to as far as the turbo wants to produce the boost, the smaller the turbo the lower the rpm it will produce the boost, but it will also drop off higher in the revs, so say i had a small turbo and a biger turbo on the same engine and the small turbo was producing full 10 psi boost at 1200 rpm all the way to say 3200 rpm, then i had another turbo big enough to have say 10 pound of boost at 3400 rpm, well than i have 10 psi of boost almost all the way from just over idle all the way to the redline
but at the end of the day that supercharger is only building boost as the engine revs more and more and will only have 10 psi at the very high side of the revs

you are forgetting that there are different types of superchargers, there is centrifugal which is basically a belt driven turbo, these build boost with rpm..
then you have positive desplacement superchargers, these build boost extremely fast, almost instantly, they will make boost and will hold boost most of the rev range(depending on blower size)..
there are pro's and cons with both. imo if your after max power a turbo will give you this easier than a supercharger will...

as for fuel economy its all in the tune and how heavy your right foot is...
if tuned right a forced induction engine has the potential to be more efficient then a n/a engine...

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR6 Tunna

VIC, Australia

i tend to just bolt s**t on and not worry about the police.
iv always had BNS utes and never once been d**k for anything.
but on the subject of modifying, how about upgrade the sound system, throw in a better suspension kit and some better brakes, and do a few little things here and there like chrome caps on the computers and fuse boxes, maby even some braided hosing, just to give the engine bay a little shine.

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
bry40l wrote:
Chargd wrote:
MrJP wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
Naws..

eb5l92 wrote:

you are forgetting that there are different types of superchargers, there is centrifugal which is basically a belt driven turbo, these build boost with rpm..
then you have positive desplacement superchargers, these build boost extremely fast, almost instantly, they will make boost and will hold boost most of the rev range(depending on blower size)..
there are pro's and cons with both. imo if your after max power a turbo will give you this easier than a supercharger will...

as for fuel economy its all in the tune and how heavy your right foot is...
if tuned right a forced induction engine has the potential to be more efficient then a n/a engine...

yeah i knew there were different types but i wasent sure which one did what, thanks for the extra info

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

couldn't be bothered reading anything past the first page... :lol:
Quote:
I was told anything that can increase horsepower will be defected. Do you have any idea of how much all of that together would cost me?

in NSW a p plater is not allowed to have a "significant performance increasing modification" yes its worded as stupidly and openly as that, after countless hours spent talking & emailing the RTA, they came to the conclusion, that if it doesn't need an engineering certificate the mod should be A ok for the car. in short, i have an email sitting in my glove box that says its ok for my car to have minor mods, in case i get pulled over.

on the side, dont drive like a douche and you wont get pulled over and defected, what you should worry about is if you have a accident and its your fault, your insurance company can refuse to pay if they decide you were driving a car thats illegal for you license status.

p.s. i know i ramble to much :?

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: AU XR6

Power: 171 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hows half a brick under the pedal sound? Obviously you've been done for speeding and I know p platers are short on points to begin with but if you can't control your right foot now what makes you think you'll be able to do it any better with more potential?

Do brakes (bf turbo items) and suspension(pedders coil overs, whiteline bushes and swaybars) and leave the power till you're old enough to respect it.

(Flame suit on)

9/98 AU1 XR6hp-about to retire from the road and be reborn on the race track.
86 ZL mint grandpa spec with premo sound and 150000km
07 TTG 60000km stock as, mods to come.
97 el futura about to be MOCKed

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2