Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

blackjack_original wrote:
haggis wrote:
think of the BA as a brand new EA... EB and ED were significantly more refined cars (as the BF is to the BA) so i can believe that the EL & AU were a more robust car, they've had a lot of updates here and there over the years ;)

How than do you explain the fact that EF>EL. :D

ef/el is pretty much an ed in a different shell. obviously updated eec-v, bbm and few little other s**t and bits. thats why most parts suit ea-el. au they started to try different things but still kept close ties to the e-series. the ba had some significant changes. engine managment is different and far more complex, engine itsself is slightly different, dohc and a few others.

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: egas bf xt

NSW, Australia

haggis wrote:
think of the BA as a brand new EA... EB and ED were significantly more refined cars (as the BF is to the BA) so i can believe that the EL & AU were a more robust car, they've had a lot of updates here and there over the years ;)

hehehehe i think our opinions on this matter may be flawed with bias :D

EL has better cooling as it has a grill...

umm, no problem with coil packs

doesn't handle as boat-ish as an EF :twisted:

I can see through wooden doors.

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

haggis wrote:
haggis wrote:

hehehehe i think our opinions on this matter may be flawed with bias :D

EL has better cooling as it has a grill...

umm, no problem with coil packs

doesn't handle as boat-ish as an EF :twisted:

I don't know about the Gli or Futura but the Fairmonts grill is a fake. Also the plastic cover between the headlights (under bonnet) means all air flow goes into the radiator from the vent in the lower half of the bumper. Would assume Gli and Futura is the same.

EL is basically an updated EF

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8 & 06 4x4 Bravo

VIC, Australia

I'd stay with an EF-AU just for the fuel usage BA's have.. Hopefully they've improved that in the BF's..

'04 BA XR8
Winter White, 5 Speed Manual, Sports Leather, Premium Sound, 2 1/2" Cat Back Exh - no rear Mufflers, Lowered SL/SSL, 20's, Underdrives, BF Typhoon Rear Spoiler, GT Steering Wheel, etc.

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I'd stay with an EF-AU just for the fuel usage BA's have.. Hopefully they've improved that in the BF's..

'04 BA XR8
Winter White, 5 Speed Manual, Sports Leather, Premium Sound, 2 1/2" Cat Back Exh - no rear Mufflers, Lowered SL/SSL, 20's, Underdrives, BF Typhoon Rear Spoiler, GT Steering Wheel, etc.

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA MKII XR8

VIC, Australia

cheersdude wrote:

Never heard of any "major" BA problems locally, just a few little niggles here and there. Something you kind of expect with new cars...

As for sticking with an EF-AU becuase they use a little less juice, not sure I agree with that. BA's fuel consumption is greater than EF-AU, but BA is just sooooooo much better than EF-AU that the $2-$5 dollar a week extra fuel consumption isn't / shouldn't be an issue...

BF is the G. O. A 6 speed BF XR6T or Fairmont Ghia (series 2 BF Ghias are rumoured to be getting the T engine) would be the ducks guts!!! :D

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

cheersdude wrote:
As for sticking with an EF-AU becuase they use a little less juice, not sure I agree with that. BA's fuel consumption is greater than EF-AU, but BA is just sooooooo much better than EF-AU that the $2-$5 dollar a week extra fuel consumption isn't / shouldn't be an issue...

I agree the BA is a better car..

But I think the fuel consumption is a little more then $2-$5 a week, my parents have a BA XT which gets 400 - 450 out of a tank, my AU gets 600 to a tank & its quicker..

'04 BA XR8

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

Didn't I hear somewhere that the BA's fuel consumption can be improved with a software upgrade. The BA spec sheet certainly suggests the fuel consumption should be better than what most are getting.
I agree with downingj, and when the BF Fairmont Ghia is a few years old with a price of 23,000 for a second hand one (with fuel prices turning buyers onto smaller cars :wink: ), will be a friggin bargain to be had IMO.

Although theres a flip side to that coin. I've been looking at a few 2002 VW AWD Passats, and there looking pretty good to me value wise. German made, leather heated seats, AWD, woodgrain, for around $26500 for a 2002 model if your lucky. Hmmm...

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

We servce our towns major taxi fleet, ive talked 2 some drivers about the BA and they think there great.

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 AU II Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

go the luxury cars... :D my au2 ghia pulls damn fine for a heavy assed luxo!

always wanted a ba, but glad i didnt... the bf should be a nice buy in a few years

Organza 2000 AU 2 Fairmont Ghia
4.0 VCT
JMM Race Series Exhaust
AWC TS50 Front bar
3.45 LSD

Coming soon:
G&D Airbox
CAPA Edit

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 AU II Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

go the luxury cars... :D my au2 ghia pulls damn fine for a heavy assed luxo!

always wanted a ba, but glad i didnt... the bf should be a nice buy in a few years

Organza 2000 AU 2 Fairmont Ghia
4.0 VCT
JMM Race Series Exhaust
AWC TS50 Front bar
3.45 LSD

Coming soon:
G&D Airbox
CAPA Edit

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

why are EFs better then EL? the grills on the EL are fake :S. i looked at it and its blocked. i might make my own grill so that i get some airflow.

BAs are just fat. thats why they drink more. but BAs are over a better refined car then the EF/EL/AU. but i still prefer the EL

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

QLD, Australia

im with you there phong. the ba's haul some poontang, but when i am in my 330,000 kay ef auto sedan and i am beating the ba with 45000 kays which gets poorer fuel economy than the ef. hey my seats havent started falling apart yet. neither has my rear bumper. neither has the interior light, or the steering wheel. BA series 1 has got a lot of problems, read i have a ba series one driver seat for my computer seat at home.

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Kit wrote:
Didn't I hear somewhere that the BA's fuel consumption can be improved with a software upgrade.

Yes. My mate and i did that. Took his BA to Ford and said fuel consumption is F**k. and they hooked it up to the computer and said na its all good but we will upgrade ur software for free. Then we were doing like a Litre better on the highway and half in the city. LOL

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

I've seen plenty of BA taxis around. It's a credit to any model Falcon that they can clock up 800,000k's in the hands of those crazy bastards.. don't think I've ever seen a cabby around here who can drive properly and with some sense of mechanical sympathy.

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next