Fordmods Logo

Territory intake? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Territory intake?
Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EF GLi

WA, Australia

I've heard a number of people are fitting Territory intakes to their EF/L - has anyone got any info on this or some pics? Is it worth doing?

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Post subject: Re: Territory intake?
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:19 am 
Stock as a Rock

Power: 141 rwkw

thats a nice ride ya got metasaiah. im looking into it tomorrow, going to phone a few places to see what they reckon about it. ill let ya know

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Check this thread, towards the end, there is a guy who has a picture of a Territory intake vs the normal BA one.

http://www.fordmods.com/ford-4l-and-6-cylinder-f1/show-us-your-air-intake-t70357.html?hilit=show%20us%20your%20air%20intake&start=340

As you can see, the territory has a slightly different shape. On the normal BA intake, you will find it has some big indents on the underside of the plastic part of the intake (part that goes from the throttlebody to the rubber flex bend). These indents are so it sits nicely over the runners on the BBM that it passes over. There is also another indent just before it fits onto the throttlebody, think it was to clear the rocker cover on the BA by the looks of it. The indents would hinder flow a bit which is the reason why people go for the Territory one as it apparently has none of these indents in the pipe. When i had my BA intake fitted, i did plan on heating it up and pushing these bends out but went another path with the intake...

You can kind of see it in this picture..

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

If all there is to differentiate the two pipes is a couple of small dents underneath, I don't see what the fuss is about. In my application I went from the stock EF barbecue plate to the big BA pipe and it's a huge difference in diameter and flow capacity so I think the improvement offered by the Territory pipe would be negligible.
Also my wrecker charged only $25 for the BA pipe from TB to airbox and all I had to do was make a little joining piece to fill the gap. I hear the Territory intakes are going for as much as $100 if not more!

EF2 Fairmont Ghia. AU2 engine running EF gear. Intake, exhaust, injection etc; 8" rear stockies with 265/50R15 rubber. Shiftkitted auto, J3, custom grille and dash cluster and lots of other useless crap...

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

$25 is pretty cheap, and yeh AFAIK the Territory intakes are basically the same...
Have you got a BA XR6T snorkel on yours yet? Fair whack bigger than stock EF/EL items, and about $40 from ford.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

had a look at my ba intake, and it does seem to squash in heaps as it passes over the BBM

but at the same time it helps clear the bonnet, so im not going to bother using the territory intake

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

metasaiah wrote:
If all there is to differentiate the two pipes is a couple of small dents underneath, I don't see what the fuss is about. In my application I went from the stock EF barbecue plate to the big BA pipe and it's a huge difference in diameter and flow capacity so I think the improvement offered by the Territory pipe would be negligible.
Also my wrecker charged only $25 for the BA pipe from TB to airbox and all I had to do was make a little joining piece to fill the gap. I hear the Territory intakes are going for as much as $100 if not more!

yet people will still spend over $200 on a stainless intake. that basicly is the same shape as the territory one. If you've already got the BA one, then yeah not much point. but if you are looking to change the stock one and can get a territory one for around the price of a BA/F one, then why not?

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

When I coverted to an AU motor and BBM in my ED I used an EF intake (only cos I had too!)
Then I got the BA intake and s**t! It made a fair differnece in responce. :!:

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Good points made by all. If you notice in my sig, you can see a BA V8 snorkel which I've enlarged at the mouth by a good 20-25mm over stock, as well as a number of other improvements elsewhere in the system.

I too am baffled by the perceived "need" for a stainless intake that costs heaps more and increases heat soak. I guess some people are like birds, attracted to shiny things. They probably hoard teaspoons and pieces of tinsel in their homes...

The intake roar provided by my car is fantastic. Not as good as triple Webers or anything but still very cool :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]