Fordmods Logo

Tezza problems Need suggestions. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Tezza problems Need suggestions.
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

Hi guys n girls, just bought an 05 SX Territory TX RWD with the 4.0l six. A few things Ive noticed about the car in the 2 weeks since Ive had it is that especially when its cold when you give it the boot from the lights or to cut into a gap in the traffic, generally from a stand still, it doesnt so much cough and f@rt but just not want to go. Also, when its warmed up, when you run it out through the gears in sport mode manually shifting it feels like it surges even though the foot is on the floor. Im sorta thinkin s**t plugs but is this a common thing with the Tezza? I know they have issues with ball joints and rusty tail gates and a few other things but apart from this issue and its general desire to pull left when you use the brakes its a bloody nice car for its age and miles. Any help? Cheers.

I'll add that Im not terribly keen on taking it back to the dealership as I like my wallet unmolested. I especially like it when they dont have to go in through my a*** to get my wallet too...

Post subject: Re: Tezza problems Need suggestions.
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

How many KM has it done.

We've found that the plugs are well and truely stuffed 100 000km. The problem is that they have been stuffed for a long time and it stresses the coils. It that common that most suppliers sell a plug and coil package for the barra motor.

The plugs really need to be replaced no later then 50 000km, 40 000km would be better as far as coil like is concerned.

Post subject: Re: Tezza problems Need suggestions.
Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

Yeah guys, went for a bit of a cruise into town earlier and on the way back it ran absolutely s**t in any gear at about 2200- 2500 rpm. Yanked a plug out after pulling half the engine out WTF lol, and had a bit of a look see at the electrode. The gap was massive, about 1.6mm and carboned up a little. Hit them with some emery and regapped them all and went for a dawdle around the block. Now goes better than it ever has since I got it. Its surprising just how punchy those motors are considering how heavy they are. The car has done 178000ks but is as tight as a drum. Id say Ticko may have seen it around the traps, its bright orange with gun metal bumpers. Only one like it in Townsville that I have seen.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]