Thanks Roadway Mufflers 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Thanks Roadway Mufflers
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: BA XT 6

ACT, Australia

After a year and a bit of ...yea but no but yea but no but... I finally got my exhaust done at Roadway Mufflers.
Just wanna send a big thanks to Glenn and his boys there in Belconnen (ACT) for their heaps friendly, no bs approach to sorting me out with a system. Considering the s**t prices we Canberra guys pay for performance mods down here, these guys aren't bad. And they're also a site sponsor :)

For around $1300 I got ceramic coated 4490's and Redback system. He also moved the cat under the drivers seat as he found it gave a very slight increase in power. Love the Redback note but its too quiet with 2 mufflers but he said I could come back to change the note/loudness if I didn't like it; no questions asked :wink:

So to Glenn and his boys, cheers!

One other thing, it seems that when I take it over 3500rpm the exhaust note seems to almost disappear and I just hear intake and engine. Is this because I've got 4490's and not 4495's or because I've got 2 mufflers?

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: R33

Power: 142 rwkw

NSW, Australia

2 mufflers i would say mate, i got a redback with one muffler, but i dont have extractors yet, but it gets louder the higher u rev, loudest at 5500 :D. Unfortunatly i never hear my intake anymore, its all exhaust

R33 GTS-T - 222.6rwkw
EF - 142rwkw

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont

ACT, Australia

I got my full system cheaper at A1 Exhaust in Mitchell, but my 4499's aren't ceramic coated.

Didn't really like my service though. They were good, but when I enquired about lowering they said they'd call the next day and never did.

How do you think Roadway would make it louder? Order another catback without muffler or just cut it out and replace with straight pipe?

Auto '99 AU Fairmont
--------------------------------------
Pacemaker 4499's, Hi-flow cat, 2.5" Redback catback
K & N Filter, NGK Plugs
Lows all 'round, Monroe's in the front, GSR's in the rear
Pioneer H/U
Tickford Bodykit
COMING SOON:
17's
30mm + 22mm adjustable sway bars.

Post subject: loudness
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

QLD, Australia

Hey mate,

Ive got 4480 comps with a 2 1/2 inch redback system with hi flo cat and
1 muffler. Mines loudest at about 2800 and it gets quieter the higher i get into the rev range. All up it cost me $1120 fitted

99 AU Fairlane Ghia V8 Black Leather, 19" ANZ 5+5's with 245/35 rubber
Full sound system. Extractors, Dual 2.25" exhaust.
Lowered on Tickford XR8 springs and shocks!!

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

Airved wrote:
I got my full system cheaper at A1 Exhaust in Mitchell, but my 4499's aren't ceramic coated.

Didn't really like my service though. They were good, but when I enquired about lowering they said they'd call the next day and never did.

How do you think Roadway would make it louder? Order another catback without muffler or just cut it out and replace with straight pipe?

I think they would replace one of the mufflers with a hotdog, as they seem to be quite sensible with their systems not to make it stupid loud. But what I dont know is that if I replace say the centre muffler with hotdog, will that change the exhaust note or would it just make it louder? I would like to keep the same note I have at the moment but I also want it to growl back at me at higher revs, no droning on hwy. After something that sounds refined and tough.... but maybe I'm asking for too much here?

Anyways, I'll be popping in to see what he can do for me on the weekend.

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont

ACT, Australia

Loud, v8 sound ftw! I have 2.5" Redback and I wish it was slightly louder. Being under legal volume is practical, but louder is more fun + makes me feel like a tough kent!

Auto '99 AU Fairmont
--------------------------------------
Pacemaker 4499's, Hi-flow cat, 2.5" Redback catback
K & N Filter, NGK Plugs
Lows all 'round, Monroe's in the front, GSR's in the rear
Pioneer H/U
Tickford Bodykit
COMING SOON:
17's
30mm + 22mm adjustable sway bars.

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

how much extra does ceraamic coating cost? are 4490 the equivalent of 4499 on e series?

unless BA headers cost more that's a bit exxy, i got my 4480's, 2.5in metallic cat and 2.5in redback for $900 supply, and was quoted $140 if i didn't fit it myself.

I had a feeling ceramic coating was about $100 more, and with the e series 4499's are around $80 cheaper than 4480, but then again maybe BA exhausts just cost more in general

I would get them to remove the second muffler and put a pipe or resi on there

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

ACT, Australia

Ceramic coating from Pacemaker is around $200 on top of headers. Well, at least for the BA's they're around that price; so I'm told.

I thought the coating would give it a close to chromed, mirror like finish but its more of a dull shine. Still better than no shine I guess.

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

ACT, Australia

I'm also exhausted by Roadway. I supplied the parts, used, and they supplied and fitted the new hi flo cat. $450 all up, very happy, good blokes.

Glen also fitted my cat under the drivers seat, near the middle of the car, as I mentioned in another exhaust / cat thread. Good workshop, and yes it's fkn expensive for anything in ACT!

I like boost
http://www.venomexhaustworks.com.au

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]