The Champ is here, Typhoon question 

Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

yeh, thats cool, i'm very vague in the know when it comes to soarers, I know the supras are awesome. wonder how the auto would go with a converter and kit.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

smiley235 wrote:
yeh, thats cool, i'm very vague in the know when it comes to soarers, I know the supras are awesome. wonder how the auto would go with a converter and kit.

Mate of mine has 240rwkw in his soarer and a stage 2 shift kit, and it's crazy sidewyas on gearchanges.
The factory auto can handle about 250rwkw and a fair bit of punishment, toyota build things well.
Stall converter i'm not sure on, it hits boost with the factory stall on a cold day anyway... i'd think it would lose way too much traction with a stall converter on street tyres.

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

noisy wrote:
EB_v8 just likes to go fishing, we all post things to get a reaction out of people... :D

the gen3 is only good for a boat anchor anyway

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:03 am 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
kapul wrote:
Pfft. Typhoons struggle to beat my near stock 15 year old soarer, they're not the be all and end all you think they are, a modded ss with eat you car, it's that straightforward. Mod fo mod, you'll be quicker, but you've spent more than double than him just on purchase price ;).

i bought a typhoon because i wanted one. it wasnt about cost against commodores and s^%t. if i wanted something that costs less than your SS commodores and F6 typhoons i will get on my ZX10R and kick any cars a**!. :wink:

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
smiley235 wrote:

Mate of mine has 240rwkw in his soarer and a stage 2 shift kit, and it's crazy sidewyas on gearchanges.
The factory auto can handle about 250rwkw and a fair bit of punishment, toyota build things well.
Stall converter i'm not sure on, it hits boost with the factory stall on a cold day anyway... i'd think it would lose way too much traction with a stall converter on street tyres.

We're talking about Ford and Holden, not s**t jap mobiles!
Would you like us to change to japmods.com?

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ive owned a twin turbo supra and i loved it. now i have the fpv force8 and i can tell u that this car pisses all over my supra...not necessarily in speed but in general. Such as comfort (dnt have my knees up round my ears), Its a family oriented sports car(i cld fit 1 guy in the back of da supra and he was lieing across the moulded chairs :S - no feet room), the tourque, the sound, the lether, the push button start, the 6speed quick shift/auto...its just a whole other class to "jap-crap" cars and definately heaps better quality then the cheap common comohore!

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:59 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

kapul wrote:
I personally have always and will always think that eb_v8 is full of s**t. His GEN3 (injected 350chev) has absolutely no chance against a typhoon. Ive driven both and apart from the cheaper looking and feel of the comohore, it was also a s**t drive and dare i say gutless in comparison to the fpv. I just got myself an FPV Force.Id take that up against ANY comohore...

In 1999, my father was the national car fleet manager for a multi-national insurance company. Holden gave him one of the "new" 5.7l SS's (it was auto btw). We were cruising around Sydney, stopped a set of lights, we were in the inside lane, a Ford transit post van pulled up along side us. Our lane was ending about 100-150m up the road, and the aus post dude is motioning like he wants to have a go, so we both laugh at him and dad says to me "let's see wat this thing can do!" So we take off the lights, bit in front from the launch, then blow me down, the transit starts reeling us in, by the time we're getting close to where the lane ends and dad has to back off, the front of our car was only a metre in front of the van. We backed off, slipped in behind him, and follow him along. He's blowing s**t of black smoke, and 5 mins later he was pulled over to the side of the road, so he'd obviously flogged the guts of the thing to keep up with us, but he did... From that day on I've been a ford man.

Anways moral to this story, that was a brand new car, I don't care how much work he's done to it, I'll have to see to believe that he can beat ANYTHING, let alone a Typhoon....

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

lol tru tru, well im embarressed to say that i was also a strong holden fan even owning a vl turbo calais. I loved it but seriously once driving a ford it is impossible to go back. Its a whole aother class...

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

kapul wrote:
lol tru tru, well im embarressed to say that i was also a strong holden fan even owning a vl turbo calais. I loved it but seriously once driving a ford it is impossible to go back. Its a whole aother class...

hahaha, holden fan because of a VL... that's something that cracks me up.

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Ive got a mate whos mates father has a brother who's son a poof

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

noisy wrote:

is the son soulfire by any chance???

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hope your gonna enjoy paying a fortune for anything that breaks on your car too eh souly. I was gonna get a 96mdl sc400 but looked @ parts n availability and its fkn ridiculous u cant get or have to pay thru the nose for pretty much anything.

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

kezz wrote:
noisy wrote:

is the son soulfire by any chance???
quite possibly

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

5tumpy wrote:
kapul wrote:
I personally have always and will always think that eb_v8 is full of s**t. His GEN3 (injected 350chev) has absolutely no chance against a typhoon. Ive driven both and apart from the cheaper looking and feel of the comohore, it was also a s**t drive and dare i say gutless in comparison to the fpv. I just got myself an FPV Force.Id take that up against ANY comohore...

In 1999, my father was the national car fleet manager for a multi-national insurance company. Holden gave him one of the "new" 5.7l SS's (it was auto btw). We were cruising around Sydney, stopped a set of lights, we were in the inside lane, a Ford transit post van pulled up along side us. Our lane was ending about 100-150m up the road, and the aus post dude is motioning like he wants to have a go, so we both laugh at him and dad says to me "let's see wat this thing can do!" So we take off the lights, bit in front from the launch, then blow me down, the transit starts reeling us in, by the time we're getting close to where the lane ends and dad has to back off, the front of our car was only a metre in front of the van. We backed off, slipped in behind him, and follow him along. He's blowing s**t of black smoke, and 5 mins later he was pulled over to the side of the road, so he'd obviously flogged the guts of the thing to keep up with us, but he did... From that day on I've been a ford man.

Anways moral to this story, that was a brand new car, I don't care how much work he's done to it, I'll have to see to believe that he can beat ANYTHING, let alone a Typhoon....

Explains a bit about why the post is so bloody slow... I'm sure if they ran at ~75% throttle, post would be fast!

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:09 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

andrewts wrote:
5tumpy wrote:
kapul wrote:

Explains a bit about why the post is so bloody slow... I'm sure if they ran at ~75% throttle, post would be fast!

Huh? By post, do u mean the Transit, or my post itself?

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next