The Champ is here, Typhoon question 

Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
kapul wrote:
lol tru tru, well im embarressed to say that i was also a strong holden fan even owning a vl turbo calais. I loved it but seriously once driving a ford it is impossible to go back. Its a whole aother class...

hahaha, holden fan because of a VL... that's something that cracks me up.

yeah the only car holden got right and it was with a NISSAN driveline. You know the 5spd manual boxes in the VL's were out of the 300zx sport cars.. Very good 5spd and they also have a hydraulic clutch which of course has a master cylinder, alot better than the cable clutches found in the e-series cars...

The RB-30 motor was detuned when it came to australia. The main thing was they changed the cam timing. Most guys that know these engines just advance there engines by one cam tooth and adjust the timing accordingly, and then they go very good.

A larger throttle body also gets really good gains. Nissan originally had a larger throttle body design for the RB-30 engine but due to holden bonnet clearances they optioned for the lesser size. mainly due to mass production costs the r31 skylines received the small throttle bodies, but got 3.9 diff gears in the autos and 3.7 diff gears in the manuals as compared to the vl's which got 3.45 diff gears.

cheers

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Last edited by EL__Fairmont on Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

5tumpy wrote:
andrewts wrote:
5tumpy wrote:
kapul wrote:
I personally have always and will always think that eb_v8 is full of s**t. His GEN3 (injected 350chev) has absolutely no chance against a typhoon. Ive driven both and apart from the cheaper looking and feel of the comohore, it was also a s**t drive and dare i say gutless in comparison to the fpv. I just got myself an FPV Force.Id take that up against ANY comohore...

In 1999, my father was the national car fleet manager for a multi-national insurance company. Holden gave him one of the "new" 5.7l SS's (it was auto btw). We were cruising around Sydney, stopped a set of lights, we were in the inside lane, a Ford transit post van pulled up along side us. Our lane was ending about 100-150m up the road, and the aus post dude is motioning like he wants to have a go, so we both laugh at him and dad says to me "let's see wat this thing can do!" So we take off the lights, bit in front from the launch, then blow me down, the transit starts reeling us in, by the time we're getting close to where the lane ends and dad has to back off, the front of our car was only a metre in front of the van. We backed off, slipped in behind him, and follow him along. He's blowing s**t of black smoke, and 5 mins later he was pulled over to the side of the road, so he'd obviously flogged the guts of the thing to keep up with us, but he did... From that day on I've been a ford man.

Anways moral to this story, that was a brand new car, I don't care how much work he's done to it, I'll have to see to believe that he can beat ANYTHING, let alone a Typhoon....

Explains a bit about why the post is so bloody slow... I'm sure if they ran at ~75% throttle, post would be fast!

Huh? By post, do u mean the Transit, or my post itself?

Oh are you a postie??? Nah, just chucking in the obligatory postal joke. Meanng that the post is slow because the vans are buggered up from the drivers dragging commodores.. :p

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:30 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Nah, just was confused as hell... lol... Thanks for clearing that up....

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:25 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EA svo turbo, ef Fairmontl

VIC, Australia

nothing ford has compares to the 6.0 maybe on paper but not in the real world! FPV's cant keep up with stock SS's let alone the HSV's!

R.I.P George.D.Gogas!!!
4.5.85 - 27.2.05

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

t66_bt1 wrote:
nothing ford has compares to the 6.0 maybe on paper but not in the real world! FPV's cant keep up with stock SS's let alone the HSV's!

I beg to differ...

Fact: Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and hit himself in the back of the head

ED Falcon
XF Falcon
Toyota Hilux

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA Falcon XT

SA, Australia

THE TYPHOON ONLY NEEDS A CUSTOM TUNE AND IT WILL HAVE OVER 250RWKW, 4-5 SECONDS TO 100 AND RUN 12s ON THE 1/4 MILE!!!!!!!!

BA Falcon XT 6cyl: extractors, exhaust, cat, SS Inductions throttle body & CAI, K & N air filter, 20% underdrives, thermostat, CAPA Flash Tuner/Custom tuned, trans cooler
Hopefully soon: 4.11 LSD, Crow cams, BF XR6T valve springs

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:02 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA Falcon XT

SA, Australia

The last Wheels magazine had the comparo with a Force 6 and Senator. Force 6, 5.4 to 100, Senator 5.5 to 100. You dont have to spend much on an XR6T and you will slaughter any commodore!

BA Falcon XT 6cyl: extractors, exhaust, cat, SS Inductions throttle body & CAI, K & N air filter, 20% underdrives, thermostat, CAPA Flash Tuner/Custom tuned, trans cooler
Hopefully soon: 4.11 LSD, Crow cams, BF XR6T valve springs

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

yeah mod for mod the falcon just has more potential for cheaper.

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5