Fordmods Logo

The end of the I6? 

Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

VIC, Australia

In 2010 surely the version fitted to the falcon would have direct injection, in which case i suspect it would match or better the I6 performance in every respect including bottom end torque. I like the V6 improvement to weight distribution, if it's rear wheel drive, but will it be as smooth? More importantly, will it be rear wheel drive???

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:09 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

RWD isn't going anywhere. That'd be handing the whole market to bombadore.

The V6 in it's 3.5L form gets rave reviews, and we'll be getting a 3.7L version. As mentioned the extra technologies that come with it. Then there's the turbo options.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

I agree, getting rid of RWD would be suicide, wont happen

"I believe that Human beings and fish can peacefully coexist" - George W Bush

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

the day they ditch the locally made and designed awesome I6 is the day all my loyalties go out the window...

the reasons for ditching it were pathetic and if they think im gunna buy their imported crap just because it has a ford badge theyre wrong...

this is the end of the last true aussie car....

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

They were going good with these DOHC I6's, sucks how they're ending the production just as some awesome engines came out

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:41 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

I geuss it all comes down to the bottom line, maybe they thought that "amreican engines" would sell better than local ones

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:42 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XR6

ACT, Australia

As we all know it all comes down to the $$$$

And its bloody sad that they would rather ditch the DOHC I6 then see what future posibilities it held.. I mean how much time did it have to prove it self as the future of the ford inline six...

But thats todays market for you.. they will sell the ford and push all the EXTRAS it has but fail to tell you that the new V6 cost Aussie jobs...

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:00 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

yeh it looks like australias been selling off lotss of its goods lately, come to think of it i dont think theres gonna be much of an australian car market left at all if any, I mean look at the size of Australias economy and we dont even have a truly indipendant car company

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:04 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XR6

ACT, Australia

We are basically becomeing the worlds open pantry.. They can sell us anything and we wil buy it and then we sell them our natural resouces..

But we are here to discuss Fords not the worlds problems...

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

good point lets try not getting off topic,I read somewhere that the new ford "cycole engine" in its current application is producing 204 KW and is being used in the current Mazda CX-9, still think its a shame though

Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

robertf123 wrote:
good point lets try not getting off topic,I read somewhere that the new ford "cycole engine" in its current application is producing 204 KW and is being used in the current Mazda CX-9, still think its a shame though
more killowats.. (killer wasps) :lol: but less torque.. im keen on seeing power figures for the 3.7 duratech engine stock and seeing the difference in figures once installed into falcons after local aussie ford white coats have a fiddle wih it..

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:12 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

yeh im pretty sure those stats r for the 4.0L cyclone so i dont see the standard 3.7's matching up to the I6's 195kw n 391nm

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

robertf123 wrote:
yeh im pretty sure those stats r for the 4.0L cyclone so i dont see the standard 3.7's matching up to the I6's 195kw n 391nm
beating 195kw @ the engine should be a cinch.. torque will be what the engineengineers will be losing sleep over.. i'd hate it to turn into an SV6 clone.. all killerwatts and no torque...

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
robertf123 wrote:
more killowats.. (killer wasps) :lol: but less torque.. im keen on seeing power figures for the 3.7 duratech engine stock and seeing the difference in figures once installed into falcons after local aussie ford white coats have a fiddle wih it..

dont worry, everything that comes here from the united states of america-land and gets filled with ends up being a lot better. we fitted bar fridges into our M1A2's for heavens sakes... and aircon. not to mention the improvements in the warfare systems, but i think the bar fridge is the most important. The yanks even purchased one back to show their guys what we did to them.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:00 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

More Grunt wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
robertf123 wrote:

dont worry, everything that comes here from the united states of america-land and gets filled with ends up being a lot better. we fitted bar fridges into our M1A2's for heavens sakes... and aircon. not to mention the improvements in the warfare systems, but i think the bar fridge is the most important. The yanks even purchased one back to show their guys what we did to them.

maybe theyll fit bar fridges in the new engines. hmmm not so sure lol. geuss we'll have to wait n see what theyre gonna do with them.
The fact of the matter is that id rather have an aussies built engine even if it had a couple less killerwasps and and newtons

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next