Fordmods Logo

Thermo Fans Constantly on ?? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Thermo Fans Constantly on ??
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:06 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Hey guys
My thermo fans are constantly on (from when i first start the car until i turn it off), i know its not a big issue, but it is really annoying as they are prettly loud.
I have sorta checked some of the relays and it doesnt seem to be them.
Do any of you guys know if there is a thermastat to tell the fans to come on when the engine gets hot ? If so where is it ?

Thankyou
Cranny

Post subject: Re: Thermo Fans Constantly on ??
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:07 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Sorry its an AU series 1

Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:45 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

cranny wrote:
Hey guys
My thermo fans are constantly on (from when i first start the car until i turn it off), i know its not a big issue, but it is really annoying as they are prettly loud.
I have sorta checked some of the relays and it doesnt seem to be them.
Do any of you guys know if there is a thermastat to tell the fans to come on when the engine gets hot ? If so where is it ?

Thankyou
Cranny

Run a code check first.

I would say your coolant temp sensor is unplugged or has failed so the ECU thinks the engine is boiling. You will find it at the back of the head.

Engine bay layout pdf link below;

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:InYpBIJ9JsUJ:journal.mtansw.com.au/08/oct/boyce/pdfs/AU%2520Falcon4L9802.pdf+au+ford+falcon+coolant+temp+sensor&hl=en&gl=au&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjcRFz3uNByuouVpUflYFlrcIwu9w9xNY7ID8cDT1Dr1iPWN9TpyJbMwmZg4BlJ20M37-udvLiOZga0jIm9h63jY4pdN4oUHRLyuOqwuUVfmNDMTqtdj-6mwg58saNM0Sd8LX7y&sig=AHIEtbQQO2TjlDYgvP2Sf93j4-bT28hEJg

Current ride 2007
ML GLX Dualcab Triton 4x4

Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:54 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: AU 1 Futura,Previous-EA 2 S Pac

NSW, Australia

G'day Cranny, i sympathise with you as my au1 futura's thermo fans are kind of on constantly too :evil: .The cylinder head temp sensor behind the head tells the ecu how hot the motor is then the ecu decides to turn thermo's on. First thing in the morning when your car has been sitting overnight are your fans coming on when you turn the ignition to on (relays) or does your car warm up a little before they come on like mine? When you drive above 20 kmh do they stop and when coming to a stop or travelling under 20 kmh do they activate? Is your air con noisy or playing up? I replaced a boat load of parts in my futura and its still doing it- its off to the local sparky to get looked at. Best and cheapest way out is to take your falcon to a sparky with a code scanner and get your fault codes downloaded (if any) and replacing those faulty parts/wiring, saves you spending money on parts that dont need replacing. Try putting your dash into diagnostic's and see what temp the motor is operating at and also check all your under bonnet earth points. Good luck and let us know how you go

cheers Maka

p.s sorry about all the questions and any percieved thread highjacking

Maka- Damn all those beer binges in my youth! Oh crap, what was that?- I forgot! Dont laugh-I bet you're the same!

Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

They are on from when I turn the car on cold in the morning till when I turn the car off. Looks and sounds like they are flat out the whole time.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]