Fordmods Logo

thermo fans 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: thermo fans
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

hi guys, redid my thermo fan harness as it stopped working a few times before, and so far it works fine and looks a lot better than before.

just a quick question, i got a 82 degree thermostat in and a tridon tfs148 switch that turns the fans on at 95 degrees anf off at 90. the switch works and im wondering is the r,m on the gauge ok for the fans to cut in at or should i get a tridon tfs156 switch that turns the fans on at 87 degrees and off at 82

the most the gauge will be when the fans cut in at is m scale. is that ok or should i get a tfs156 switch that cuts the fans in a little earlier that suits the thermostat.

just want to get a opinion even though the fan switch works.

Post subject: Fans shouldn't cut in too early.
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:20 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Fairlane Concorde 4.0

NSW, Australia

I know these cars tend to run hot if everything isn't 100%. The problem is if the car runs too cool, the fuel injection may not operate at peak efficiency. Its a bit like a cold car needing choke in the mornings to richen up the mixture whilst cold. Your fuel injection increases the pulse width to the injectors when cold to richen up the mixture until sufficient feedback from the coolant temp sensor is recieved to lean things out a bit. If you get the coolant temp too low, it may use more fuel. Not sure what temp is the switch over point but it may be something to consider.

NF Fairlane: Non Factory Dual Fuel - New coolant tank, New fuel injectors, New fuel pump, New earth cable, ECU capacitors replaced, New O2 sensor, leads and plugs, New Radiator/Condensor cleaned. 483,000kms. AU I6 Powered. Struts, Shockies, Tie rods and ball joints replaced.

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

is the between r and m scale on the gauge ok for the fans to cut in at

Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

my fans cut in at about 2/3 to the top of the gauge, and switch off at just under half.

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Post subject: Sounds about right
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:20 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Fairlane Concorde 4.0

NSW, Australia

That is halfway in the NORMAL range so should be good. As long as the thermofans maintain this temp range you shouldn't have any problems.

NF Fairlane: Non Factory Dual Fuel - New coolant tank, New fuel injectors, New fuel pump, New earth cable, ECU capacitors replaced, New O2 sensor, leads and plugs, New Radiator/Condensor cleaned. 483,000kms. AU I6 Powered. Struts, Shockies, Tie rods and ball joints replaced.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]