Fordmods Logo

things i can do while the BBM is off? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: things i can do while the BBM is off?
Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:47 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF XT Falcon

VIC, Australia

i cant really jack the car up, its on the side of the road out the front of the house. so i have to try and do all the work from above.

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:36 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Bit proud of myself today. this is the first major mechanical fix ive attempted at anything on an engine.

well ive done most of the bbm swap. instead of cutting the fuel lines i just unbolted the fuel rail and pushed it aside. the hardest part has been trying to jam my large hands and arms around all the hoses in the engine bay to try and unplug all the wires. i did find a split in the vac hose the leads from the fuel reg to the F piece. so thats sorted now.

While the bbm was off i sorted out my leaking coolant problem, one of the welsh plugs was severly rusted, it had multiple holes in it. so i replaced both of the 40mm plugs. Ive put the new leads and plugs on, new blue spark leads pretty up the engine quite a bit :)

So tomorrow i have to reconnect the fuel rail and hook up the rest of the remaining plugs. while i have access to the fuel injectors is there anyway i can clean them up a bit??

I kinda had a memory blank today and i couldnt remember where i took the 2 hoses off that connect up to the rocker cover..??

and i also posted in another thread about if i set my dizzy correctly. Ive put the engine in TDC, and i have lined up the dizzy so that the rotating part inside lines up inbetween the start and finish marks.. hope ive done it right..

Anyhow i will report back tomorrow.. im not sure how much work i will get done as i finish work at 4pm, leaving me only roughly 1 1/2 - 2 hours to finish it.. wish me luck?

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

also i had to take the dipstick pole out, will this leak if i dont put a sealant around it?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2